Default How Can I Become My Own Payee

Hi I want to be my own payee, but have a few ?'s about what to do for it. My current situation is i have a payee now but want to become my own. i have seen a psychiatrist in the past he stated that i no longer need his help or the help of med's, but still have some mental problems but can handle them myself with out his help and want to know if i could become my own payee, and if i would be able to keep my benefits or would i lose them, and a side note i have a wife and a baby on the way and if that would make a difference in the the matter or not. thanks if you can help me with this matter.

Default Re: Want to Be My Own Payee

You can file to be your own payee, but generally it requires a written opinion of your treating doctor. The form is an SSA 787. You file the claim at your local office.

So, if you are no longer in need of psychiatric treatment or psychiatric medication, are you even still too disabled to work?

Having a wife and baby makes no difference in a decision although it may show that you are more stable than you used to be which would be an improvement in ability to function.

When SSA does a continuing disability review (CDR), if you are not in need of medical treatment, you won't have any medical evidence and your benefits could and should be ceased. If you can become your own payee, you may want to seriously figure out what it would take for you to return to the work force permanently and get off of SSI.

i have tried to go back to work but my mental problems i have make if hard to work full time or even part time its hard for me to focus i can do somethings and not have a problem for a bit then have problems focusing.

Quote Quoting Janke
    View Post
    You can file to be your own payee, but generally it requires a written opinion of your treating doctor. The form is an SSA 787. You file the claim at your local office.

So, if you are no longer in need of psychiatric treatment or psychiatric medication, are you even still too disabled to work?

Having a wife and baby makes no difference in a decision although it may show that you are more stable than you used to be which would be an improvement in ability to function.

When SSA does a continuing disability review (CDR), if you are not in need of medical treatment, you won't have any medical evidence and your benefits could and should be ceased. If you can become your own payee, you may want to seriously figure out what it would take for you to return to the work force permanently and get off of SSI.
    What about his wife becoming his payee? Is that outside the realm of possibility?

But Janke, there is no evidence of a "chemical imbalance" to explain so called "mental Illness." http://www.academyanalyticarts.org/fores.htm

His symptoms can be just as debilitating with "medication" and can even be worsened by it as many of them are not only a useless and non-specific treatment but can be toxic to neuronal cells. His disability may have nothing to do with the all knowing Psychiatrists evaluations. Each of us have a different "higher nervous activity" (read Pavlov) and there may be situations where a persons HNA, although normal for him/her, may keep him/her from functioning and amasssing resources for themselves. Their problems and disability are real but the Pharmaceutical industry, the class interests behind "Psychiatry", are doing more harm than good. Psychiatry was created by bourgeois sociologists. They ignore the real causes of social opression and neuroses. Researchers also focus too much on a panoply of molecules to explain disease. There is something else going (which I can't get into here) on at the cellular level. Unfortunately, the molecular theory of disease makes a few people quite wealthy and has created an army of low paid research techs and lucrative patents for the owners of drug companies and theories. Being more concerned with 'form' than 'content' SSA cannot even begin to fathom the complexity behind this as they are a function of the ruling class. They have actually turned 'form' into 'content'.

Most people that were tested "HIV"positive should NOT be receiving SSA benefits. "HIV" has never been isolated. That means the RNA and Proteins are not specific to "HIV" The tests are completely non-specific. What killed a generation of young gay men, hemophiliacs, Africans and some women was AZT (1500 mgs.) which is a chain terminator if DNA synthesis. That means it haults mitosis and causes cellular death. The cause of aids is cellular oxidation. Cessation of exposure to oxidative agents and treatment with antioxidants are the answer to "AIDS".

For more on this see: Biophysicist Eleni Papadopulos-Eleopulos papers submitted to Scientific Journals at theperthgroup.com. Here is a very brief synopsis of what they have argued:
    http://www.theperthgroup.com/whatargued.html

If you don't have time for too much reading please have a look at an extended interviews from outtakes of the documentary "House of Numbers" (the title I believe refers to non-specific tests and the Medical Industry's obsession with molecules and surrogate markers which mean absolutely nothing). It's called "The Emperor's New Virus" Below you will find an extended interview with Biophysicist Eleni Papadopulos-Eleopulos and ER Physician Valendar Turner from The Royal Perth Hospital in Perth, Australia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Li9MO3RfCQ

His opinion and your opinion of the medical profession will not change the law that requires medical evidence to prove that he remains disabled. A person who states they no longer need medical treatment is also reporting an improvement in functional ability. I am not going to predict if that improvement in functional ability means they are no longer disabled, but I think it is foolhardy to think that benefits could and should continue without some sort of evaluation from a medical professional. That is the program that pay him benefits. It is his job to prove he meets the standard and it requires medical evidence. If you don't like the standard, well, you are right to your opinion. But if he doesn't continue to at least occasionally seek out a medical professional, it is likely that when a review is done, he won't have enough evidence to show he is disabled. No matter what you think or what he thinks. And I don't know of a program that pays know money to anyone just based on their own opinion of their condition. If you know of one, please provide it for others on this board.

1. Sponsored Links