Unhappy How to Evict a Roommate Who is Not on Lease

My question involves an eviction in the state of: Oregon

Hi!

So I have a roommate that I would like to kick out of my house. He's not on the lease and we don't have a sublet agreement, so he's essentially month to month. I was planning on giving him written 30 days notice but I am afraid that he wont actually move out if he's not absolutely forced to. Since there is no sublet agreement/he's not on the lease do I have to go through an official eviction process if he doesn't leave after 30 days? Do I even have to give him 30 days? Does my landlord have to do it? My lease states that me and my immediate family are the only ones allowed to live in the house. I had to give my only copy of the lease to my school, so I'm not sure if it mentions subletting on it, but I don't think it did. The landlord knows about my roommate, but no one has signed/made anything official.

My other question is if he doesn't move out in 30 days and I have to go through an eviction process is there any way I can prevent him from having people over to the house? Like, can I call the police or something? If he can't have friends come over I think it will hasten his willingness to leave.

Thanks for your time

Default Re: How to Evict a Roommate Who is Not on Lease

Your roommate isn't on the lease but his dog is on the lease? I suspect you're leaving some important information out of your narrative.

If in fact he's your subtenant, and if in fact he's a month-to-month tenant and does not have an oral one year lease with you, you give proper notice to terminate that month-to-month tenancy, and he does not move out at the end of the tenancy, you can commence an eviction action.

You cannot stop your tenant from having normal use and enjoyment of the premises. If you call the police and ask them to help you harass your roommate into leaving, it's not your roommate they're going to be mad at.

1. Sponsored Links