Thumbs down Is Providing Drugs to a Minor the Same as Corruption of a Minor

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Pennsylvania

This occurred yesterday at 8:00 pm. I am going to make this short and only include important facts.

People involved were my boyfriend who is 19, his older sister whos 22, and our friend who is 19 also. We were all smoking weed in his car. We got out, smoked a cig, then an uninvited friend pulled up in front my friends car. We walked over to the car to say wasup. My boyfriend went to the passenger seat to have a word with the driver. Us 3 are standing on the passenger side of the car. There were 2 other passengers, male and female. They had a bowl in rotation. Only them 3 were smoking it. Then not even five minutes after our friend pulled up, a cop car rolls down the street and parks behind my friend's car. Then a second later another cop car pulls up facing my friend's car with the 3 passengers. Then another cop car right after that pulls behind the first one. So there are 3 cop cars total and they all had their lights on us. We standing there innocent. And the cops walk over.

Apparently one of the neighbors reported a lot of cars pulling in front of this house and suspicious activity of drug use. And we were all like "what is goin on?" we were playing everything off smoothly. We all had the same story to the officers. Basically that we were in my friend's car all smoking a cigarette and we were about to go into the house when our friend pulled up uninvited. and that they were only here for not even five minutes, so we didn't even get the chance to tell them to leave. One cop asks my boyfriend to step over away from us so he could talk to him and ask him questions. My boyfriend told him the same story, and that we were not smoking weed and that i, a minor, didn't smoke anything.

A long time passes and throughout that time period they basically asked my friends that were uninvited to step out the car, and their car got searched but the police didn't find anything bc they let them drive off. I don't think the cops found their bowl. Besides that, the cops were about to search my friend's vehicle and he told them he had a glass pipe in there and gave it to them. So as of now, they don't know that we were smoking, all they had found so far is a bowl. My boyfriend on the other hand had a tupperwear container with weed inside bagged up. Thank God he found a slick way to ditch it or that would have been bad. So they didnt do any body searchers, only the cars. After my friend's car got searched, he asked the cop if he could talk to him. They step behind the sheriff's truck, who pulled up probably 10 minutes before this, and are talking. i was told that my friend said, "we were all smoking one bowl in his car and that he just wanted to be honest with the cop. & that he'd appreciate if they didn't tell his boss about the bowl."

So after about an hour of talking with them, (They never asked me and my boyfriend's sister about what happened again after the first time) they call me over and say they are going to have to phone my mom because i am a minor and need consent to be with people over the age of 18. I call my mom and she comes after 10 minutes. In the meantime, they told my 3 friends, the worst they could get charged with is corruption of a minor bc i am not of age.

IN CONCLUSION:
    The police only found a bowl. They did not find any weed as evidence. I am 15 years old. I am very mature for my age and i have always been friends with older crowds. I have the mentality of a young lady, seriously. In all honesty, do you think my friends will be charged with corruption of a minor? If not, what so; Or do you think they will drop the charges?

SIDE NOTE:
    -My boyfriend used to sell weed. The police of my town have been trying to catch him for years. The office said to him quote on quote "We know you're selling weed. You're the only one left we want. We caught everybody else. The day I catch you, i will be so happy."
    -They do not know me and my boyfriend are dating. We will all leave that out bc that is illegal. He is 19 and i am 15. Big age difference.
    -All 7 of us have had history with the cops. Mainly drug related. They haven't actually caught all 7 of us before with marijuana, but they KNOW about us.

Default Re: Is Providing Drugs to a Minor the Same as Corruption of a Minor

You were smoking weed, as you said.

Ever think that just like cigarette smoke, weed leaves an odor?

Yes, charges can be filed - related to both the marijuana and the corruption of a minor.

At 15, you are using drugs and hanging out with people who do - you are making bad decisions that will affect your life for years. You need better friends, and I would also like to know - where are your parents?

- - - Updated - - -

PS: Re-think the boyfriend think 19 and 15 equals Statutory Rape, and he will go to prison and spend the rest of his life on the Sex Offender Registry.

My apologies on the title. It was suppose to say will my friends get charged with corruption of a minor.

Well it turns out that my friends, excluding my boyfriend's sister, are getting charged with corruption of a minor.

The kids in the other vehicle who just showed up were smoking a bowl right before the cops showed up. They had to have had an odor in their car, but the cops let them go.

Do you think there is anyway in court to prove that 'I' was not smoking weed with them? Could a drug test be proof?

A drug test as of when? You just happen to have a drug test after the incident within the time frame of when THC would or would not still be in your system?

"Dating" someone who is 19 isn't unlawful. What the age of consent is in PA, who knows, but likely 16 (google age of consent for PA). If you're under the age of consent and are engaging in sexual activity, so long as neither one of you is dumb enough to admit that, then there should be no evidence issue there.

And in future, don't be silly enough to advertise your crimes on the internet or anywhere else. Do not presume that it won't be collected/collectible.

"Only them 3 were smoking it."

Doesn't matter; you've already admitted in your post that all of you had been smoking weed.

"... we were playing everything off smoothly."

Trust me, what most teens think is "smooth" is ... not.

"... and that they were only here for not even five minutes, so we didn't even get the chance to tell them to leave."

Huh?

"My boyfriend told him the same story, and that we were not smoking weed and that i, a minor, didn't smoke anything. "

In other words ... false statement to a police officer. Another crime. This versus ... keeping his mouth shut. (Not a very bright young man.)

You say "uninvited" a couple of times as though you were on your own property. I'm not sure I understand. Never mind.

"... they call me over and say they are going to have to phone my mom because i am a minor and need consent to be with people over the age of 18."

Unless there's some weird local curfew law, this would be incorrect. Still, doesn't matter.

"In the meantime, they told my 3 friends, the worst they could get charged with is corruption of a minor bc i am not of age."

Well, that's not the worst thing, but never mind.

Once charged, it's up to a prosecutor to decide whether to drop charges.

"My boyfriend used to sell weed. The police of my town have been trying to catch him for years. The office said to him quote on quote 'We know you're selling weed. You're the only one left we want. We caught everybody else. The day I catch you, i will be so happy.' "

Not sure what your point is here.

"We will all leave that out bc that is illegal."

No, it isn't, as mentioned.

The officer specifically asked if i was smoking. and he denied it.

I say uninvited because if they never showed up, then we wouldve all been in the house. And that is my second home, so it is like my property. You would not understand.

If they drug tested me in court, and the THC was not in my system. Which it would not be. Could that be proof that i was not smoking with them.

princess....Let me explain something:

This is my second home, so it is like my property.

Not even close. Unless your name is on the title - it is not your property, period.

ok. who cares if it is my property or not. obviously it is not my property. but the people who drove pass should not have just pulled up with out being invited. that is not cool.

1. Sponsored Links