Question I Fell for an Inheritance Scam

So this morning i got an email from Barrister Joseph Oji on my yahoo. I believed it at first because it sounded so real. I responded saying i didnt know what it was about and that there were others with my same last name in Oregon. I dont know much about identity theft or anything so i was just wondering if me replying with my full name and what state others in my family lived in could hurt me. I definitely know better than to give any bank information or my address but still. I'm kinda worried they could take my name and use it. I am so glad that i decided to look up Lome whatever and the guys name and inheritance scams popped up all over the page. That makes me so sad knowing people fall for this kind of thing like i did for a second. Just hopefully people check up on this kind of thing. Well if anyone can respond to me and let me know if these people will try to use my name or something i would really appreciate it.

Default Re: I fell for the inheritance scam until i checked out the barrister

It's unlikely that your address alone would give them enough to do harmful things (addresses, after all, are available from a phone book). They will probably contact you to try to get more information.

Default Re: I fell for the inheritance scam until i checked out the barrister

I agree with Aaron, make sure you never give out bank accounts, social security numbers, birth dates, etc to anyone online.

1. Sponsored Links