Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy What to do after a vehicle is repoed

hi ya'll texas bound here with a broken heart. to get to the point. my vav got repoed last night. the repo guys were very nice they let me get my stuff out of the van. told me i had to give them key first though. i did because i was crying and new being backed up on payments that this was my fault. ohhhhhhhhh sigh i love and miss my mini van even though it was a 2000 modle it ran the greatest. well i was only 1 week away from my lawyer filing the van in with the home mortgage note but boom they got me well the van last night. i still a wreck over the whole mess. lossing wages/work for this day stinks. what do i do. i am in a hole so far no $$$$ for anything @ this point. but after the bankrupcy gets filed i should be able to breath. but now with the repo there i have no hope. please please please help me?

help?????????????

what do i do? i want my van back!

anyone even here??????????????

does anyone answer these boards???????????????? this is all new to me on how this works!

Default Re: repoed

This isn't an instant messenging system. It's a forum. You only posted this thread ten minutes ago. If you need immediate help contact a lawyer by phone.

oh ,,how long do i have to wait to get an answer back here, cause i will wait .i don't know how things work here. i am new to this site. sorry

You wait until somebody has the opportunity to review your post and reply. That usually happens within a few hours, although in some cases it can take a day or two. There is no guarantee that any question will be answered.

You may be able to recover your van if you contact your lender, but they'll probably want you to pay off the loan and pay costs associated with the repossession.

Default What to do after a vehicle is repoed

how much do you think cost of repo runs? and do i have to pay the entire van bal or just the late fees and back payments?

oh and i forgot to ask can i still put this into the bankrupcy or no now that it's repoed?

i will wait for your post. thank you.

You would have to ask the bank what its charges would be, in relation to the repossession.

You should be able to resolve your financial obligations relating to the car through bankruptcy, the bank having recovered its collateral, and there is a good chance of a total discharge of that obligation if you qualify for Chapter 7. (But that doesn't get you the car back.)

my past due is 13,500. plus repo fees what ever that would be. when called up there the office said they were waiting on a condition of vechile report back before they could tell me. what the are they talking about. ii have 11,000.in cash to give i told them. wasn't that good enought to get the van back with?

i am so confused and sad over this mess. i will check back for your reply. thank you.

Only the bank can tell you what will be enough to recover the car - and often they will want to be completely paid off. You may be able to find a lender who will cover the $2,500 difference, particularly if the vehicle is worth four or more times that amount, but obviously you may have difficulty due to the condition of your credit.

.ooppppppsssssss i ment 1,300.and i have 1,100.sorry about the typo.............................................. oh and i forgot to add the bankruptcy i am going through(filed in oct) is the one where the house mortgage and the van are put together into one payment and i still get to keep the van. well then why isn't 1,100. cash good enough to get the van back and do i have to have it back in order to put it into the bankruptcy? i am a single mother and this mess is really got me frazziled big time.

oh any why are they waiting for a condition report bak on my van? what's this for? what factor does this do or change?

and do i have to have the van back before it can be put into the bankruptcy?i don't know what i can an cannot do?

You can include your obligation relating to the van in your bankruptcy.

You defaulted on your loan. That means you don't get to dictate the terms to get your van back. You need to contact your lender, find out what they are demanding, and try to negotiate to the extent that they'll let you.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast