Default What are the Chances of Getting a Ticket Dismissed

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Florida

Hey Everyone,

I have a quick question regarding a speeding ticket I obtained last night. I'm not going to write a book explaining how it went down since that is really not of importance here, but I am going to ask a question regarding a Traffic Lawyer.

I received a $206 speeding ticket last night doing " supposedly " 47 in a 35. I did not freak out, I still spoke to the officer with the up most respect, but did not seem to help me. Anyway, the last time I was pulled over according to the officer was last year doing 55 in a 50 which I only received a warning for. Now, if we DON'T count that as my latest pull over... my latest pull over / ticket is over 2 years ago. I have been a clean driver ever since. No accidents, no DUI's, no tail lights, no nothing.

I hired a traffic lawyer today, I used them before but don't really remember my outcome.

Now, they try to fight for a dismissal of the ticket, but if that's not possible, they try to get a lower priced ticket, and no points, no traffic school.

My question finally is, what are my ACTUAL chances of the ticket getting dismissed taking into considering my clean record for over 2 years. Are my chances good? I wouldn't normally care, but since rent is due soon, and I already am in debt from a plane ticket, computer parts, and a new cell phone, it would nice to have this dropped.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Default Re: Just Need Some Information

My question finally is, what are my ACTUAL chances of the ticket getting dismissed taking into considering my clean record for over 2 years.
    These situations do not turn on "chances". They turn on facts, and we are not privy to your speedometer reading, nor are we privy to the judge's attitude towards speeders. That's what local counsel is for.

You should be speaking with your attorney. He'll be able to give you a better idea of whether the judge in your case is a hardass, or is prone to reduce tickets.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

Quote Quoting LawResearcherMissy
    View Post
    These situations do not turn on "chances". They turn on facts, and we are not privy to your speedometer reading, nor are we privy to the judge's attitude towards speeders. That's what local counsel is for.

You should be speaking with your attorney. He'll be able to give you a better idea of whether the judge in your case is a hardass, or is prone to reduce tickets.
    Very Helpful Indeed...

You can always ask here.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

Quote Quoting LawResearcherMissy
    View Post
    You can always ask here.
    Awesome! Now, we're getting somewhere.

1. Sponsored Links