Default Firearm License Suspension and Reinstatement

My question involves court procedures for the state of: Massachusetts

I'm not sure in which forum category I should have posted my question, but it is concerning firearms licenses (License to Carry).

I previously obtained my license to carry (class A) in the Commonwealth with No Restrictions/ All Lawful Purposes. Unfortunately, I was arrested a few years after for some pretty severe charges. My license was inevitably suspended (understandably so). Subsequently, all charges were dismissed WITH prejudice. I served no pre-trial probation, no CWOF "Continued Without a Finding" and my CORI reports DISMISSED. I have sucessfully compelled my local court to seal my record, and other than my one arrest, I have absolutely no criminal history other than civil fines for traffic violations a few years prior.

It has been approximately three years since my arrest and I have not been arrested since then. I have not attempted to renew my LTC or petition to have it reinstated. I called my local police station to inquire, and the firearms officer told me there was no way I am getting my LTC back. My specific question is what obstacles will I have to overcome to have my LTC reinstated? I am prepared to ask a court of appropriate jurisdiction to review this matter. I am aware that certain convictions will automatically disqualify me, but my criminal history is void of any convictions or probations.

Default Re: Firearm License Suspension/ Reinstatement

I would think applying and if rejected, seek to challenge the reason for the denial.

http://www.malegislature.gov/Laws/Ge...140/Section131

it's all in the laws

from what I could find though, MA is a may issue state. Generally that means you cannot compel the authority in power to issue a permit. It is within their discretion as to issue one or not.
    I am not an attorney and any advice is not to be construed as legal advice. You might even want to ignore my advice. Actually, there are plenty of real attorneys that you might want to ignore as well.

1. Sponsored Links