Default Eviction Date or Next Day

My question involves an eviction in the state of: Michigan. Redford Township
    Hi folks.
    When they give you an eviction date is that the day they are coming to remove you or is that he last day you can stay there? Also actually. Suppose we are at that stage. Today is the day actually. Is there any kind of appeal we can mount based upon alleged procedural irregularities on the part of the lawyers for the mortgage company. In general. Is this possible at 3 pm on the date of the eviction? We are in a foreclosed house. Sale last Nov. Date set by judge for eviction is the 16th of Aug.
    Thanks,

Default Re: Eviction Date or Next Day

The ten day window is to give you an opportunity to appeal. If you don't appeal, on the tenth day after the judgment the other party may seek the actual order of eviction that can be used to physically remove you from the premises. So if you want to appeal, get on it.

If you're talking about a court order/writ of possession and "eviction day," I'd imagine that a sheriff would show up with an eviction order on that date. I'd say waiting until today to think about appeals was a bad idea, but strangers wouldn't be in a position to know whether there was room for an appeal.

We already had the appeal. Sorry. I forgot to mention that. TODAY is the the date on the eviction order, but it's 4pm and no sign. Long story why this didn't go smoother. Thanks again for any info. EDIT: Also, do they throw your stuff out that day?

Quote Quoting Tiribulus
    View Post
    We already had the appeal. Sorry. I forgot to mention that. TODAY is the the date on the eviction order, but it's 4pm and no sign. Long story why this didn't go smoother. Thanks again for any info. EDIT: Also, do they throw your stuff out that day?
    They certainly CAN throw your stuff out that day...or change the locks so that you no longer have any access to your stuff.

My wife is thinking she has a way to stop it, but won't give me any details because she's afraid I'll mess it up. (long LONG story)They didn't show up today. Must be tomorrow then. We'll see.

1. Sponsored Links