Default Appeal Won, Now What

My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of: CA

I just got my notice back and i won my appeal. its been over four months since i filed for UI and I've been filling out the paper work each week to get paid. how long will it take now to get paid out for all the time that has passed?

Default Re: Appeal Won, Now What

I don't know. What is the workload in the office where your claim is processed?

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    I don't know. What is the workload in the office where your claim is processed?
    beats me, i don't know that answer. the ALJ hearing was on July 23rd and I got my decision today (8/10/12) not sure though how that info will help.

That's my point. It will take as long as it takes, which will depend on the workload in the office where your claim is processed. No one here can say how long that will be.

I would say it should be rather quick .. 1 month at very latest.

Congrats! Can you talk a little bit about how you overcame the misconduct ruling?
    Also I filed for appeal I think like July 20, 2012 and my hearing is aug 21st. That seemed pretty
    Quick to me.

Again how did you win/prepare etc??

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah your employer didn't show. Never mind

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    That's my point. It will take as long as it takes, which will depend on the workload in the office where your claim is processed. No one here can say how long that will be.
    I figured that, i was just wanting to get an idea from people who have won their appeal and maybe get a time frame from when they actually got their UI.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Quoting Fortyinphoenix
    View Post
    Congrats! Can you talk a little bit about how you overcame the misconduct ruling?
    Also I filed for appeal I think like July 20, 2012 and my hearing is aug 21st. That seemed pretty
    Quick to me.

Again how did you win/prepare etc??

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah your employer didn't show. Never mind

Well it wasn't a cake walk, I'll tell you that. I did actually have to prepare my evidence and what my story was going to be. I picked up my case file 10 days prior to the hearing and I got a chance to look over the "evidence" my employer turned in. I got two of my former customers to write a simple letter proving that I was a good salesmen and basically the opposite of what my assistant managers accused me of being. And i also got my bank statements for the dates that my managers supposedly gave me my final warning when I clearly was not in town a couple days before and after when they allegedly said i was. And most importunely you have to go into the hearing and be simple, only talk when you are allowed to and don't beat around the bush, just get right to the facts. Don't get angry or speak out, but most importantly you need to say that you did not do anything intentionally bad to harm the employer and that you tried your best but could never match up to your boss's expectations.

And yes I knew my employer wasn't going to show up but I still had to gather what I was going to say, get my evidence and present it in a clear and concise manner to the Judge. The hearing went on even though the employer did not show up. My judge was not an easy going one and seemed very stern and not lenient, he was grilling me on some of the stuff that was in the case file. you're going to be nervous in there but don't show it on the outside, just keep calm and cool and you will be fine.

1. Sponsored Links