Default Revoked Bond

we live in the state of virginia. My husband was out on bond. He had a pd. Wich seemed to have problems with communication. She was suppose to have a motion to supresse evidence hearing and at the last minute she backed out and had a continuence. At the next hearing The prosacutor wanted a guilty plea. My husband told the pd he wasn't going to take a guilty plea he would take his chances with a jury trial I was there during this conversation. On the next court date we thought he was having a jury trial. when we got to court his pd said no she thought he was going to take a guilty plea. So, she told the prosacutor that he was going to plea guilty on that day. My husband and I were very upset with her and asked her to get a continuence so we could seek councel of our own. She explained to the judge that it was miscommunication issue. The prosacutor was mad that my husband hadn't taken the guilty plea and asked for his bond to be revoked cause he was manipulating the court.When the judge asked our pd why this was this continued 3 times and about the guilty plea. This is no lie all she did was shrug her shoulders. My husband nudged her to say something and she looked at the prosacutor he started talking agian and my husbands bond was revoked. WE now have a new lawyer he spoke with prosacutor about a new bond hearing to reinstate his bond and he refused. my lawyer says he has to petition the court now. My husband bond wasn't revoked cause he did anything illegal or missed court. Do you think he stands a chance on getting his bond reintsated? He has about 2 months before his jury trial. does it usually take a long time when you petition the court to get a answer?

Default Re: Revoked bond

There is a chance of getting the bond reinstated. Your husband's lawyer is the best person to assess the odds.

he seems to think he has a good chance. I just wasn't sure with the prosacutor being like he is if it would sway the judges decision. I just wanted another view in the issue. Thank you for your time.

The prosecutor knows that the longer your husband is in jail, the more likely it becomes that he will decide to take a plea bargain just to get things over with.

Default Still waiting on bond hearing

Like I said in my last post. My husbands bond was revoked. We hired a new lawyer. From what we heard a well established law firm. Well, That was a month ago and I just can't seem to get any answers it takes a week for his assistant to call me back. If she does. She can never answer my questions. I called last week and monday to see if I could make an appointment to see the lawyer and talk to him about the case so I can have a bettter understanding of what's going on and what to expect, still no call back. Do you know around about time figure it takes to find out after you have petitioned the court for a bond reinstatment hearing to hear if the judge will let you have one or do you even know how the processes works? Iam getting kinda worried it's been a month since we hired this lawyer and we just aren't getting any insite on what's going on. I know lawyers are very busy. My family says I am being to passive. I don't want to cause a bad relationship with this lawyer. From your experience is this just how it works? I should be patient? Any info will be helpful!!! we live in the state of Virginia if you need to know.

Default Re: Still waiting on bond hearing

Your husband's lawyer cannot speak to you about your husband's case without your husband's permission. Getting permission from somebody who is in jail can take some time.

Is there a motion pending for reinstatement of bond?

The lawyer's assistant told me that the prosacutor would not agree to the bond. So, last week on tuesday. She happen to pick up the phone on my phone call, usually I just get the voicemail. She told me about the prosacutor decision and that she was doing the paper work to petion the court for a reinstatement of bond hearing. I asked her how long that usually takes before you hear back about it. She said she didn't know. I asked her how the prossess worked and she said she would call me back when she was done. I still haven't heard anything. My husband hasn't heard anything from them. WE talked to the lawyer together on the phone cause my husband was in jail when we hired him. my husband thought he would at least see him once or get something in the mail about what their plan of action is both of us seem to be in the dark.

Default Revoked bond

You had asked me if there was a motion for bond hearing.The lawyer's assistant told me that the prosacutor would not agree to the bond. So, last week on tuesday. She happen to pick up the phone on my phone call, usually I just get the voicemail. She told me about the prosacutor decision and that she was doing the paper work to petion the court for a reinstatement of bond hearing. I asked her how long that usually takes before you hear back about it. She said she didn't know. I asked her how the prossess worked and she said she would call me back when she was done. I still haven't heard anything. My husband hasn't heard anything from them. WE talked to the lawyer together on the phone cause my husband was in jail when we hired him. my husband thought he would at least see him once or get something in the mail about what their plan of action is both of us seem to be in the dark.

1. Sponsored Links