Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Shoplifting for 3rd Time

My question involves criminal law for the state of: NJ

Ok.
    Unfortunately I got caught shoplifting for 3rd time.
    1st time I was young and stupid, got caught stealing around Jackson worth of stuff but I showed up to the court, chatted with the judge (he was pretty nice) and paid some fines and the case was sealed lol.

2nd time idk I was desperate and had some issues. I stole some electronics worth like idk, lotta benji haha but same as 1st time I only had to pay some fines.

Now for the 3rd time I only stole around few hundred dollars worth of clothes but they are charging me with felony shoplifting (WTF? for some clothes????) because without discount price on that its like over a 1000 dolares. I had to stay in the station for a night because stupid pigs were out doing whatever and I had to wait till my officer to come back to the station.

I talked to the lawyers and they said they can definetely bring it down to misdimeanor at least but they are charging me from range of $1000 and 2000 dolares. SO Greedy!!

anyways do i have to get them or can I talk to the judge myself?
    I dont want to spend so much money on stuff like this!! there are so many more violent criminals than just this I mean look what happened in colorado!!

anyways thanks for reading and give me some advices

Default Re: Shoplifting for 3rd Time

I hope they charge a few thousand to defend you and cannot get it reduced from a felony. This might cure you of your compulsion to steal and be a bargain price for the public in general.
    Teach a man to fish, you feed a village. Give a man a fish, the ever growing village demands free fish. We will now spend trillions on social services and SSI for people who don't know how to fish.

It's your 3rd time so run in to the wrong judge or da they might want you to spend some time in county at least. Stealing is wrong morally and 3rd tme getting caught is gonna increase the risk. Lawyers cost a lot, 1,000 and 2,000 is cheap for a lawyer,if you don't want hire a lawyer see if you can get a legal aid. Cause and effect man you slipped and got caught for the 3rd time now it's gonna cost you money for a lawyer to limit the damage. If the lawyer can get it down to a misdeamanor with probation than 1g or 2g is not a bad price. Some Da might want to stick you with a felony or toss your ass in county. I seen a guy in court who lawyer had to really work for probation b.c it was his 3rd time getting caught stealing. The person only stole about 20-30 dollars worth of stuff but the da wanted to give him at least a month in jail.

One option is plead not guitly and see if you can get a legal aide and see what type of deal they can work out. If things aren't looking good then bite the bullet and hire a lawyer. Be careful b.c some places just hand out probation b.c they got bigger fish,wrong place,wrong time and they might hit you with some time and/or high bail. Your not someone who made a mistake,in the courts eyes you are a career criminal.

Idk if your joking but I would edit your post and just post the facts b.c posters here are not gonna react kindly to all the bs that you put up. Cops can be shady but what do you expect when it's your 3rd time,your lucky that you were able to get out in the morning. Idk

I can only give you the advice you gave the poster in this thread.

"You got what you deserved.
    Stop committing crimes."

Quote Quoting wysoy
    View Post
    1st time I was young and stupid, got caught stealing around Jackson worth of stuff but I showed up to the court, chatted with the judge (he was pretty nice) and paid some fines and the case was sealed lol.
    2nd time idk I was desperate and had some issues. I stole some electronics worth like idk, lotta benji haha but same as 1st time I only had to pay some fines.

Now for the 3rd time I only stole around few hundred dollars worth of clothes but they are charging me with felony shoplifting (WTF? for some clothes????) because without discount price on that its like over a 1000 dolares. I had to stay in the station for a night because stupid pigs were out doing whatever and I had to wait till my officer to come back to the station.

I talked to the lawyers… but they are charging me from range of $1000 and 2000 dolares. SO Greedy!!
    I dont want to spend so much money on stuff like this!! there are so many more violent criminals than just this I mean look what happened in colorado!!
    Wow. Your attitude really invokes sympathy and a desire for leniency for you…NOT! It seems that stealing is just a big joke to you. I really wonder if you would be so concerned about the cops directing their attention toward “more violent criminals,” like the rare and extreme case of the nutcase in Colorado, if some butthead like you was stealing YOUR property! I really hope that you decide not to enrich those “greedy” lawyers, represent yourself in court, and that the attitude you display here is readily apparent to the prosecutor, judge, and jury members! In my humble opinion, you really need to be slapped down hard and get a lesson harsh enough that maybe it will sink into your arrogant head!
    Behind the badge is a person. Behind the person is an ego. This is as it should be, person at the center and ego to the back.

Given your attitude, you definitely need a lawyer. Remember you won't be the only one talking to the judge, the prosecution and its witnesses will be doing plenty of talking too.

You've got to be kidding me. Are you really looking for sympathy here?

Lawyer up, bucko. You're in deep, and it's your fault.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

Nice...looks like you could be looking at a minimum of 3 years of 3 hots and a cot

"Only worth a few hundred dollars"?? If it was such an insignificant amount of money, why didn't you just buy it, instead of stealing someone else's hard earned goods?

"Pigs"?? Really?? Wow! Wait until you are in real trouble one day, and you need those "Pigs" to come and save your ass!

Kid...you got a LOT to learn!! Frankly, I think you have learned NOTHING from your previous experiences, and I think you will NEVER learn! I hope they try to batter it into that stupid, arrogant pig head of yours. I hope they throw the book at you and throw you in jail! Your a moron....have fun with your new cell mate....go to youtube (while you are still out on the street!!!) and look up Americas Toughest Prisons and watch some of that stuff!! See what you are in for!

And you deserve every bit of it......

Quote Quoting PTPD22
    View Post
    Wow. Your attitude really invokes sympathy and a desire for leniency for you…NOT! It seems that stealing is just a big joke to you. I really wonder if you would be so concerned about the cops directing their attention toward “more violent criminals,” like the rare and extreme case of the nutcase in Colorado, if some butthead like you was stealing YOUR property! I really hope that you decide not to enrich those “greedy” lawyers, represent yourself in court, and that the attitude you display here is readily apparent to the prosecutor, judge, and jury members! In my humble opinion, you really need to be slapped down hard and get a lesson harsh enough that maybe it will sink into your arrogant head!

Look who is making a joke here!
    I asked for a simple advice and now all of you are coming at me like bunch of dogs.
    Please, if you got pissed or have nothing better to do than hating on me then just move along.
    Did I steal something from your house? Did I bully you? NO! I don't deserve to get treated like this. Show some respect!! Also cops treat our people badly and calls us all sorts of words, so I think its fair for me to call them pigs (true, they eat donuts like pigs and do nothing but busting non-violent people).

Anyways, I think I will be getting a lawyer because although 1000-2000 dolares ain't so cheap, its much better than going to jail lol
    Do you think 1800 is a good price? This one lawyer is charging me 1800 from start to finish and my court date is sometime next month (I don't remember the exact date, Ill have to look at my paper).

Thanks for non-hating responses.
    respect.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast