My question involves criminal law for the state of: Ohio, Tennessee
I am a 25 year old dental student in the state of tennessee and I am from ohio. I for the second time this summer have been caught with possession of marijuana the first time being the end of may in Tennessee and the second time being this morning in ohio but worse in ohio because I received a paraphernalia charge as well. I have been to court in Tennessee but it was moved to the end of august. I was not arrested either time. My first court date is in Ohio now and when I was cited the officer said nothing about the ordeal in Tennessee and he actually said it was my first offense. It seems that my lawyer in tennessee feels like that in the case in tennessee prior to this she could get the charges probably dropped because the events that led to my car being searched (I am calling her monday to notify her of this recent citation). I have yet to get legal consult in ohio because of the timing of the events. So my questions are as follows:
1. Will ohio be able to see my charges in tennessee seeing as though the officer treated it as my first offense?
2. What is the worst case scenario as far as background checks for school?
3. Would it be smart of me to delay my case in Ohio farther back than my Tennessee case if the lawyer can get the charges dropped in late august?
4. If I can get the case delayed and the Tennessee charges dropped then would Ohio treat this as my first offense if they have no prior knowledge of the Tennessee case seeing as though its not on my record?
5. Do I have to face jail time in any state especially ohio if they treat it like my 2nd offense?
Bottom line is I'm scared that my unfortunate hard head has cost me my life and most importantly for the moment my sanity.