My question involves police conduct in the State of: California.
1. What factors do the police take into account when deciding whether or not a person is a material witness?
2. Are all material witnesses detained by the police? In what circumstances do the police detain a material witness?
3. Who makes the decision to detain and who makes the actual arrest?
4. Is a warrant necessary when a material witness is detained by the police and how difficult is it to obtain such a warrant?
5. For how long may a material witness be detained?
6. Does a material witness have the same right of access to counsel as a suspect under arrest?
This looks like six questions to me. Hope that's okay!