Default Falsely Accused of Stealing Money at Work

I work at a restraunt as a hostess, and yesterday I was accused of stealing a waitress' money (it included tip and payment for food). She said that she was missing about a hundred dollars and someone stole it. That day, I came to work with quite some money in my wallet and hanged my bag in the coat room along with everyone else's. The waitress then goes (without my permission nor the managers') and looks through my bag and finds $89 in my wallet. She then says that the money in my wallet was money that I stole from her, but this money was truly mine. The manager then questions me and asked how much money I had in my wallet and I responded saying that I'm not sure (I really dont keep track about how much money is in there) and claimed that the money was mine (and it is). Anyways, there are no cameras in there... which is stupid. I know I cannot take the case to court because it would get thrown out... but would I be able to take her to court for violating my belongings? For all I know she could have tampered with the money in my wallet to make it seem like the amount that was stolllen.
    Thanks

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

Default Re: Falsely Accused of Stealing Money at Work

There is no such cause of action as "violating your belongings."
    If you wanted babies all to yourself, you should have created them by yourself. Until you do that, children have the right to BOTH parents, especially since you found them suitable to procreate with.

One question, why would you leave your handbag with a large sum of money in an unsecured coatroom that everyone and there mother has access to?

What makes the waitress think that you stole her money and why did she bother to check your handbag over everyone else's in the coatroom?
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

Quote Quoting carpenoctum
    View Post
    I know I cannot take the case to court because it would get thrown out... but would I be able to take her to court for violating my belongings?
    She "might" be liable in a civil action that you could file for Invasion of Privacy under the category of "Intrusion of Solitude". You would need to speak to a civil lawyer if you really want to pursue this. I doubt you would have a criminal action here.

She "might" have went through other employees belongings (ie purses) also but found a "large" amt. money in yours. No one can accuse her of that though unless they actually know.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

1. Sponsored Links