Default Wrong Driver's License Information Written on a Ticket

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Missouri

I'm currently visiting family in Missouri & was recently pulled over & issued a citation for not wearing my seat belt. Apparently in Missouri tickets are now printed off on printers direct in State Troopers patrol car & there no need to sign. When I looked at the ticket closer I noticed that for the Drivers License number it was completely wrong & also the state of DL was listed as MO. I have a California DL & the license number he put in doesn't even come close to matching the format & type Cali numbers are issued in, not to mention he selected MO & not CA as stare where my license was from. Is this valid, or what do you think?*

I.e.
    DL is listed as MO DL# L1******4
    My actual DL is CA DL# E******7

All other info is correct on citation but has family address in Missouri & not Cali address listed as I was driving they're car with MO plates & registered in MO at time

Default Re: Wrong Driver's License Information Written on a Ticket

Quote Quoting donnieb
    View Post
    My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Missouri

I'm currently visiting family in Missouri & was recently pulled over & issued a citation for not wearing my seat belt. Apparently in Missouri tickets are now printed off on printers direct in State Troopers patrol car & there no need to sign. When I looked at the ticket closer I noticed that for the Drivers License number it was completely wrong & also the state of DL was listed as MO. I have a California DL & the license number he put in doesn't even come close to matching the format & type Cali numbers are issued in, not to mention he selected MO & not CA as stare where my license was from. Is this valid, or what do you think?*

I.e.
    DL is listed as MO DL# L1******4
    My actual DL is CA DL# E******7

All other info is correct on citation but has family address in Missouri & not Cali address listed as I was driving they're car with MO plates & registered in MO at time
    Is what valid?

The citation?

Of course it is?
    Why would it not be?

The two tests that an error like this is put through are:
    Does the error affect the validity of the allegation that you were driving without wearing your seat-belt? If so how?
    Does the error impact your ability to defend yourself against the charge? If so how?

You won't get to the "If so how?" part on either question simply because the answer to both questions is "NO"!

Potentially, and while I have no clue how it could have happened, what could happen is if someone else has another driver's license number on their citation where they are licensed in MO and yet the officer wrote in a DL # from CA... and if that person were to approach the officer or his agency with an inquiry, his error will be corrected but I assume that yours will be as well.

The officer even said it took so long because the tickets are all done on computer & printed out like laser copy with the different fields already populated. The ticket isn't handwritten & I know since I used to live in Missouri long time ago, the DL Number is in a Missouri format, not California. Plus the actual box next to DL number for state has MO in it. I don't see how they could correct when they don't even have my correct DL State or number. I think what happened is since I was in traffic database previously, it populated with DL I haven't had since I was 16, but that's just a theory. How can it be linked to my record with incorrect DL #, State & Address? The address on citation is parents home & I was driving their car not mine*

Quote Quoting donnieb
    View Post
    I was driving their car not mine*
    So the ticket gets filed in court, you skip appearing... it goes to a failure to appear, additional fines get added to the initial violation...

They review the information, find that the violation is committed in a vehicle that belongs to your parents?

You'd be OK with even the slightest bit of harassment that might be subjected to just because their son is irresponsible and refuses to take care of his legal matters?

if you were my son, and the cops called me one day and said "your son was cited but has skipped and hasn't paid the fine..."

I would spill my beans faster than you can say "Dad"!

But wait.. What if the officer remembers you had a CA D/L?

Do you think Missouri law enforcement does not have access to California's DMV records?

By the way, once they establish who you are... It might take some time, but trust it will happen... the fine has increased by then (simply because you failed to pay/appear) but your driving record will get suspended... Not only in MO, but in CA as well! Will then notify you? or might you simply get stopped one day/night because you are driving on a suspended license?

Who know... You can come back here and start another thread asking "what do I do now?"

You're obviously not going to listen.. So do whatever you want!

There's no need to be rude, you assumed all those things as if I wasn't going to pay, etc etc.. when I was simply asking more as I was curious. It's $10 ticket & no points in MO so more than anything I came looking for advice & was curious. That was uncalled & not necessary at all, especially personal attack!

1. Sponsored Links