PREMISE for QUESTION BELOW:
• I am currently in an active law suit with a neighbor regarding a property line.
• This neighbor is apparently connected to the county attorney (on a personal level and through long work histories together).
• This neighbor filed bogus, false complaints, at the county attorney’s office, against me stating that I was firing guns into the air (on my property) trying to intimidate him for unknown reasons. This was 100% false (and assumed to be a move to intimidate me or an act of retaliation for unknown perceived reasons). I would volunteer to take a polygraph to prove it, if I was presented the opportunity to do so… Bottom line, he made false claims against me on several occasions.
• I own several acres of agricultural property where we hunt, shoot skeet etc… and never act irresponsibly with firearms as I have been an active hunter since a child and completed several hunter safety classes.
• The neighbor knows about a mental inquest warrant that my ex-wife filed against me in 2003, where I was evaluated and released. The terms of the warrant were unfounded and dismissed later in a court of law by a county Judge.
• Thus, this neighbor and/or county attorney discovers the executed warrant at the court house 9 years after the fact, then the county attorney escalate this 9-year old mental inquest warrant along with the bogus complaint(s) to the ATF (federal law states no one committed can have guns ..or something along those lines) yet I was not committed but evaluated and released as a result of conflicts during a divorce.
• Then, the ATF goes before a federal grand jury and subpoenas my medical records.
• The next day they come to my home (8 total police officers & detectives) and demand that I sign my guns over to a family member or they will seize them, I felt as though I was being detained as my liberty to move was assumed restricted.
• As a result, I was afraid for my life and under extreme duress and confused while the officers were in my home... they searched my home and personal property (consent was given under duress and assumed threat); for example, one of the ATF agents verbally threatened me with prosecution for “owning firearms and if I did not fully comply with all of their demands”. I was confused and extremely nervous given the number of officers, who presented themselves with the threat of force.
• I would like to face my accusers, knowing for a fact my neighbor was involved, given the property line law suit currently in progress with her.
• I am told by my lawyer that the corrupt county attorney will likely declare immunity based on (1) it was a criminal investigation and (2) county attorney’s do not have to release complaints provided to their offices.
• I do however have 1 of the many neighbor’s false complaints in my possession.
• I greatly need advice for how to legally proceed and feel as though my rights were violated (amendment rights), I was threatened, my guns were taken under false pretenses and that this may have been an act to intimidate me regarding the current law suit, regarding the property line issue with my neighbor.
• This could also affect my career, not to mention the public humiliation, duress and extensive financial damaged I have endured while attempting to right this injustice, up to this point.
• I also think it is important to point out that I have no diagnosed or diagnosable mood or behavior disorder prior to this invasion.
How can I face my accuser? If the county attorney will likely claim immunity and I cannot obtain the fraudulent complaints/reports etc. where is the avenue for justice? How do I seek damages and legally prove my rights were violated?
Thanks in advance for any help…