Re: Caught Shoplifting at Walmart with a Friend
sorry but I hate long stories so I'll just his the questions.
as long as it takes, seriously. It may come tomorrow. It may not come for months. They could have a change of heart and decide not to send it.
1. How long will it take to receive something in the mail (whatever they said they'll be sending us).
it's called a civil demand. Basically, it's a bill. They are allowed to "fine" you. I do not know how much your state allows offhand though.
2. What are they sending in the mail?
necessary/ no. great idea/ absolutely
3. Is a lawyer really necessary to take to court?
why should your penalty be any less? You were all equally responsible for the theft even if only the one girl had it in her purse. Remember, you put something in there as well.
4. How less severe will my punishment be compared to the girl whose purse the merchandise was in?
actually it might result in the judge saying:
5. I get about a 3.9-4.0 GPA in school, so would it help to like bring a report card to court to show the judge. (I read online that having good grades can help you a lot.)
If you are so smart, why are you here in front of me for doing something so dumb!!!!
good grades mean nothing more than you got good grades. It means nothing as far as your personal morals are concerned. You have proven that a smart girl can be a thief too.
I am not an attorney and any advice is not to be construed as legal advice. You might even want to ignore my advice. Actually, there are plenty of real attorneys that you might want to ignore as well.