Default Can I Get My Traffic Ticket Fine Reduced and if So How

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California

hi all

i got a ticket a while back and i just received the fine in the mail today and i don't know how to go about handling it. the violation was CVC 21453(c) and i have received the same sort of ticket a few years ago but my parents took care of that since i was still a minor. but now i don't know what to do because it is best if i don't tell them about it. the total fine including traffic school is $533 (w/o traffic school its $488). now im a college student and could scrounge up enough money to pay in full... but i was wondering if there is a possibility that i could get the fine reduced? if it is possible what actions to i have to take?

any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

thanks

Default Re: Can I Get My Fine Reduced and if So How

Quote Quoting ticketvirgin
    View Post
    the violation was CVC 21453(c) and i have received the same sort of ticket a few years ago but my parents took care of that since i was still a minor.
    So you're just pretending to be a ticket virgin!

Quote Quoting ticketvirgin
    View Post
    i was wondering if there is a possibility that i could get the fine reduced? if it is possible what actions to i have to take?
    You can appear in court for your arraignment. If the judge is willing he will, if not, you'll have to do the scrounging you described in your post!

so i have scheduled my court date...now what happens? what should i expect?

What do you mean by court date? Did you schedule an arraignment date with the county clerk office or did you plea not guilty at the arraignment and schedule a court date?

Excellent Thread! I'm in Claremont, CA, and just got 21453(a) yesterday. A few years ago, i think 2005, i paid somewhat less for a potentially expensive ticket (HOV ((high occupancy vehicle?)) lane/carpool lane violation and crossing the yellow lines to get into it! ) by spending a day to go in front of the Traffic Judge. I really didn't say too much, but did express financial hardship, this was the Rancho Cucamonga Court, and the amount was reduced to an extent.

I've been looking at the Pomona Courthouse North's webpage. It looks like there's

Traffic -Arraignments Mon - Fri 8:30 am DEPT 1
    Traffic -Trials Mon - Fri 1:30 pm DEPT 1
    Traffic Night Court -Arraignments 1st Mon 5:00 pm DEPT 1

JJevans, thanks for posting. Yeah the only things that are gonna come outta my mouth are "guilty/no contest" or "traffic school" and "thank you your Honor " and "i'm a sub teacher and haven't had any assignments all summer so this is an extreme financial hardship ". So i wander how i get that started, scheduling an arraignment date ? i have to wait 'till the officer turns in her 'ticket book' i suppose. then once it's in the system i figure i can show up at the court any day (get there before 8am or whatev ) and get put on the list. I wander if i can schedule days-ahead? today might go to the court and talk with the Traffic Clerk.
    It's gonna cost $64 (non-refundable ) for traffic school, and then the Traffic School wants $40.

1. Sponsored Links