Default Dealer Wants Car Back After Deal Signed

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Alabama
    I bought a truck in Alabama last month. I provided all the info that they needed, gave them a insurance card with the finance co listed, sigend the finance papers,Car Fax report,odometer disclosure, bill of sale and $8,000 cash
    They gave me the keys and left.They called 3 days later wanting to know how I was liking the truck
    Then 2 weeks later they called my wife who is not on the loan and wanted 3 months of her bank statements, she said no because she was not on the loan. I called and they said they needed assurance that she was making the payment on our other vehicle we bought 2 months earlier. There was no stipulation for any info from her and I told the dealer we had the vehicle for only 2 months and there was no way we could show 3 months , but we would go ahead and pay the invoice early on line and send them the conformation number showing the account and total payments , none late etc.
    I sent them the info and called and left a VM , plus text and another email. No reply I ask if there was anything else, no reply.
    I checked my account and they cashed my check last month for $8,000.00
    The bill of sale is in the glove box and all papers signed, then yesterday they leave me a message and tell me the vehicle is out for repossession? and if I bring it back they will not charge me for the repo?

What should I do I am 1400 miles away and how can they repo a vehicle that Im not behind on and have had to get a temp tag due to the delay in getting the payment book.
    They also said we were pre approved with my wife only and told us what we needed to bring. When we get there they want to do it in my name which was fine. I provided cell phone bills, 3 months E statements and then they send me a text saying if I dont give them 3 months of her bank statements by the end of the day they are going to repo the truck

HELP

Default Re: Dealer Wants Car Back After Deal Signed

there seems to be things missing here. Has financing been approved? Was the dealer financing the vehicle or were they only taking the app and farming it out to lenders (banks and such)?

The financing is through Westlake , that is what the bill of sale I have and the finance papers says
    I also was told to list them on the insurance policy and I did
    It is very strange that they send you to finance and you sign everything, pay them the $8k give you the bill of sale cash your check and weeks later want bank statements from a person not on the loan, then text you and say repo

I suggest contacting the dealership to clarify the problem and, if so, whether it might be resolved by (a) your providing documentation to confirm with the current lender that you're qualified, (b) their finding a different lender or (c) your finding a different lender.

You can also check your purchase agreement to see what remedies the dealer reserved in the event of a financing problem.

They didnt give me the agreement, only the warranty and signed bill of sale with the lender number of payments, total loan amount taxes etc
    They are harrassing me and want answer their phone,just keep texting

Ask for a copy.

If you want them to stop trying to reach you, I suggest talking to them as outlined above.

So, is Westlake a bank with an office you can call? If so, I would call to check on the status of the loan. If they denied it flat out or required the additional info to be able to issue it, I would suggest doing what it takes to complete the loan. Otherwise, either you need to return the vehicle, find another loan, or pay in cash.

what it sounds like is they attempted to finance the vehicle without your wife on the loan and are unsuccessful. Subsequently they attempted to add her to the application which is when you stopped the process.

You need to communicate with these people, not cut them off. Ignoring them is only going to cause you problems.

We never pursued the loan in my wifes name
    They originally emailed her and told her she was approved and toldher what to bring and then when we arrived they wanted to do it in my name alone and I said ok
    She was never on the loan period
    I have ask for the documents that I SIGNED and they have not responded only bring it back and they would give me my money back, which is ok as long as I am reinbursed for all my expenses and what i have spent on the vehicle.
    My orig question is why after 3 weeks would they go this route, we gave them all they wanted and signed all of the docs in the agreement
    They cashed my check and even called to hope i was enjoying the truck
    very weird and I am 1500 miles away working and cant get there for 3 weeks

=Ronlegg;626444]We never pursued the loan in my wifes name
    I understand that but that may be where the problem lies.

If you, without your wife on the loan, did not get approved, then you have a problem.

They originally emailed her and told her she was approved and toldher what to bring and then when we arrived they wanted to do it in my name alone and I said ok
    No idea why they did that?

She was never on the loan period
    Yep, got that.

I have ask for the documents that I SIGNED and they have not responded only bring it back and they would give me my money back, which is ok as long as I am reinbursed for all my expenses and what i have spent on the vehicle.
    good luck but I am fairly confident they will refuse your demand so, if you want to keep the truck, find out if the loan you applied for was approved by the lender. If it hasn't been, you need either pay for the truck, do what it takes to get the loan approved, or return it.

1. Sponsored Links