Default What Happens When You Go to Court for a MIP

Hey im 19 years old and got a mip in Michigan in April right at the end of my freshman year. I got caught in my dorm room with no alcohol on me and blew a .03. I have to show up to court in 2 weeks. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what will most likely happen to me for a first time offence? Also, what kind of costs is the whole visit going to be? I have already signed up for an alcohol class which im going to take in September when I head back to school sense I am from Illinois and my school required me to take it through them. Also, will I be drug tested at my court date? Or will I be tested while on probation if I get charged with that? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Default Re: What Happens When You Go to Court for a MIP

You can talk to a local lawyer about the possibility of a dismissal of some sort, or deferral (perhaps under HYTA).

Stop using illegal drugs. That way testing won't be an issue and you won't end up with even more, and more serious, criminal charges.

You may be tested for drugs and alcohol while on probation.

Thanks for the help! Does anyone know about how much the whole court fines/costs will be?

That one I can't help you on. And it really depends on a lot of factors. If you are given Community Service, you get to pay about $10/hr for the privilege. Supervised probation may charge you. If you are ordered to random drug testing, you get to pay....

Also expect to have your drivers license suspended for up to a year (though you can ask for hardship permission to drive to/from certain places - work, school....).

1. Sponsored Links