Default Payment vs. Ownership

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Arlington georgia

My sister is 26 and received a brand new card, polished, metallic lighting out of the dealer ship for her 18th birthday. Upon inquiring my father snapped "Mike Sarah was a good student and completed high-school."(take a fun look down in my profile to understand this reference) I am getting a bike, k-mart brand, worth about 100 dollars. He has agreed for me to pay 50 and he pay the other half(Sarah got her car, insurance included, for no cost to her) I was wondering who gets to "own" the bike?

Since we are splitting it.

Default Re: For the Road

You are co-owners, both having a right to possession and use.
    Teach a man to fish, you feed a village. Give a man a fish, the ever growing village demands free fish. We will now spend trillions on social services and SSI for people who don't know how to fish.

Make your question more clear and explain what it has to do with robbery.

With due respect to your jealousy of your sister, it's irrelevant.

If you're asking whether your father is making a gift of his $50 contribution or wants to retain co-ownership, ask him.

^ Thank you. But I was wondering can I legally take the bike? Even though he paid half? and go about my journey? Or does it have retintion to his hose since, he indeed helped purchase it?

Default Re: Payment vs. Ownership

There is no law prohibiting you from taking the bike as you are half owner. Your issue may be proof that you payed half, if he disputes the issue.
    Teach a man to fish, you feed a village. Give a man a fish, the ever growing village demands free fish. We will now spend trillions on social services and SSI for people who don't know how to fish.

Bump to the top.

And I was wondering how to go about asking him, I have tried--using a in hand voice recorder, but he never speaks out about it.

An example of how you might ask your father a question would be this: You walk up to him and ask something along the lines of, "Dad, is this my bicycle or do I have to pay you back for the $50 you chipped in toward the purchase?" I'm sure you can think of other ways to phrase the question. If you want to know if he objects to your taking the bicycle, you might try something along the lines of, "Dad, would you have a problem if I take my bicycle when I move out?"

Aaron, thank you for your voice and taking the time to post, but How would a judge no that assuming he want's it back?

Quote Quoting Mike101
    View Post
    Aaron, thank you for your voice and taking the time to post, but How would a judge no that assuming he want's it back?
    It would be a sad day if you had to go to a judge to have this resolved, since is something that should be resolved within the family if it involved your dad, and for a measely $50.00. If you were in front of a judge, the judge would be very angry and excoriate you for being so stupid wasting his time to bring a measely $50.00 claim in that you can't talk it over with your dad, and throw you out of court.

I used to go to court representing my company and had judges get very angry with us and the people we are suing because we are so stupid that we can't talk things over like adults. One judge commented in court that people are so stupid and lazy that if they ask for something, the other guy said "no", then you sue.

I had a similar situation with my dad. I lived with my parents till my late 20's, then move out and got married to a wonderful women, whom they objected to. When I moved out, took with me a blanket riddled with holes as I used it since I was about 5 years old, and had a shovel with a broken handle I use in my car that I found in the basement. I don't think the shovel belonged to him as it was there when he bought the property, but if anyone asked him he'll say it belonged to him because legally he bought the property with all the stuff in it. My parents were upset with me being married, and during one of my visits said that I stole the blanket, and the shovel and wanted it back. I told my dad I had the blanket since I was a kid, and the shovel also for many years, it really didn't belong to him to begin with and they are mine.

Later on, when I was home, my wife told me that it doesn't matter, if my dad felt that items belong to him, then it belongs to him. It doesn't matter what a judge said and if a judge sided with me, my dad be the type who would tell me to stay the hell out of his life and don't come back again. He actually did that to my sister. Thinking back on what my wife said, and to legally take possession of a worthless blanket, I would lose my mom and dad, as unreasonable a dad as he is. I don't think your dad is as looney, no one is, but I don't believe you should inject a judge into your family's affair. On the next visit, at my wife's advice, I returned the blanket and the broken shovel.

As Aaron said, ask your dad, and if he said "sorry it's my bike" because of his $50.00, then tell him that you are returning his bike, you don't want it, since you'll be getting one of your own. Don't lose a dad over $50.00. This would be a man thing to do. If you sue him over the $50, then you're just being a whinny little baby, and based on what I see in court, judges just hate whinny little babies.

1. Sponsored Links