Default I Bought the Title from a Friend on a Motorcycle and when He Finishes It I Will Pay

My question involves personal property located in the State of: Wisconsin.

So I have a friend that is rebuilding a classic car, he needs money from the motor so he can finish it. So he has a dr650 1993 motorcycle that he was going to sell me for $1300 but then the head gasket went out. So he said that he would sell it to me for $700 once he finished it. He has the motor apart and is not finishing it. Before he took it apart I paid him $200 for the title and when he finished it I would pay him the rest. Not that he has it he hasn't worked on it at all. But my question is that if I had bought the title does that mean if he won't finish it. I could take it and the parts and go get it put together and not have to pay him anymore since he didn't finish it? Any advice would be nice. Thanks

Default Re: I Bought the Title from a Friend on a Motorcycle and when He Finishes It I Will P

I could take it and the parts and go get it put together and not have to pay him anymore since he didn't finish it?
    No. You can rescind the sale, or at least attempt to, wait for him, pay what is owed and take the bike as-is and fix it yourself at your expense, or attempt to negotiate a lesser price and take it as is.
    I am not an attorney and any advice is not to be construed as legal advice. You might even want to ignore my advice. Actually, there are plenty of real attorneys that you might want to ignore as well.

Default Re: I Bought the Title from a Friend on a Motorcycle and when He Finishes It I Will P

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    No. You can rescind the sale, or at least attempt to, wait for him, pay what is owed and take the bike as-is and fix it yourself at your expense, or attempt to negotiate a lesser price and take it as is.
    Ok thanks I will talk to him tommorrow and see what we can do about this. Thanks for the quick reply

1. Sponsored Links