Exclamation Can My Wife Change My Daughter's Last Name Without My Consent

My question involves name change laws in the State of:

Default Re: Can My Wife Change My Daughters Last Name Without My Consent in Any State

Depends on the state. You'll have to tell us what state the wife/child is residing in for a real answer.

In just about any state you must be NOTIFIED of the name change request which gives you the possibility to contest it.
    In some states your disapproval can effectively block the action. In others, a judge weighs the various arguments and decides if the change is in the minor's best interest.

Default Re: Can My Wife Change My Daughters Last Name Without My Consent in Any State

As of the moment she resides in NY and she is planning on moving to FL so any information I could possibly get on both states will be greatly appreciated. I believe she is just blowing smoke but I would like to know if it is at all possible.

NY INFO: http://www.nycourts.gov/courts/nyc/c...mechange.shtml

FLORIDA: 68.07 Fl. Stat. (8) When only one parent petitions for a change of name of a minor child, process shall be served on the other parent and proof of such service shall be filed in the cause; however, if the other parent is a nonresident, constructive notice of the petition may be given pursuant to chapter 49, and proof of publication shall be filed in the cause without the necessity of recordation.

1. Sponsored Links