Exclamation My Car Was Towed by My Neighbor, on My Own Property

My question involves a towing in the state of : Maryland

I live in a tight spaced community (in terms of proximity of homes and driveways) where everyone is unbelievably hostile to one another about property lines. I moved in about a year ago and understood well the do's and don'ts of this ridiculous neighborhood. about six months ago my neighbor across the street used our house for a book club meeting of senior citizens which was no problem for me. Unfortunately an elderly woman parked her car partially in our neighbors half of their abandon EMPTY space next to our driveway. they called a towing agency and had the vehicle towed without question and since that time I knew better.

So...
    4 weeks ago I bought a puppy and found it easier to get her in and out of the car if I parked my car on the grass next to my driveway. This spot is still in my property lines according to a zoning map. I have seen the neighbors every single day for the past 4 weeks while I have been parking in this location, having conversations about the puppy. I even explained to them that this spot was an easier way to get the puppy in and out of the car since she has a rare condition and I have to take her to the vet frequently, and they even asked if I had enough room to get out past their monster SUV!!

So I woke up this morning and.... my car is gone! I called their towing company and low and behold my car is there for being parked in THEIR property! I was absolutely in disbelief! The towing company told me that i cant park my car near the towing information sign, which would include my driveway!! after a hour of arguing and hassle, I paid the fine and they told me that the only way to settle this is in court with my neighbor. MY neighbor claims that this morning a portion of my bumper crossed into their property line!! YES that's right, "a part of the bumper". I have not parked my car any different today than I have for the past 4 weeks.

---Is this absolutely insane?!?! Is there anything I can do??

Default Re: My Car Was Towed by My Neighbor, on My Own Property (Maryland)

Sue your neighbor and the towing company.
    With enough thrust, pigs fly just fine.
    You may believe that you understood what you think I said. I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Default Re: My Car Was Towed by My Neighbor, on My Own Property

Quote Quoting kawad1
    View Post
    The towing company told me that i cant park my car near the towing information sign, which would include my driveway!
    Tell us about this "towing sign" - who installed it, for what reason, at what it says.
    Quote Quoting kawad1
    I paid the fine and they told me that the only way to settle this is in court with my neighbor.
    You can sue the neighbor and the towing company.

The sign simply says "Private Parking-- All Unauthorized Vehicles Parked will Be Towed at owners expense" the address of the towing company is listed below that.

Pollard's Towing Company is one of the largest towing companies in the the Baltimore City/ Baltimore County area, however I have never seen a private residence with such a sign. Note-- there is no designation of where the no parking area is. The sign is about 4 ft from our property. There is such little room in the community and this sign seems so ridiculous. I also saw that there was a case similar to this where the court had said that a neighbor has an obligation to inform the neighbor or a complaint before towing and that a car cannot be towed from your own property even if it is a few inches on another's.

Likely the neighbors defense will be your car was partly on their property. Make them provide a picture as proof. The towing company did not take steps to clarify the property boundary either, therefore, you contend they towed your vehicle off your property. They should also be required to prove by photot it was off your property. If they do not, they were negligent as they are enforcing a sign with arbitrary limits.
    With enough thrust, pigs fly just fine.
    You may believe that you understood what you think I said. I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

1. Sponsored Links