Default Notice of Planned Action from Social Security, Payments Stopped

Hello, I am a 28 year old male with extensive mental illness's. I suffer from severe Bi-Polar/severe anxiety/severe panic attacks/auditory and visual hallucinations/severe paranoia/severe depression. I am very easily confused at times and this is one of those times... I received a letter from the Social Security Admin about my SSI payments. The letter is a (Notice of planned action). They are telling me that my payments will be stopped on June 1, 2012. Which is 25 days from now. How nice of them to give me 25 days! By that time i will be dead broke and kicked out onto the street. I only get $698 to begin with and that is already gone. I had to pay rent, bills, gas, and food. On the letter under the section titled (Why your payments are stopping) it says "We are stopping the payments because we need correct information about your name, address or bank account." - "Please contact your Social Security office as soon as possible".. Please tell me that i am over reacting and that my payments will resume when they get my info... I haven't moved in 25 years, My bank account did shut down about a year ago because i never had money to put in it so they closed it. The only thing i can think of is that i did not sign up for the automated payments/Direct Deposit. I still get paper checks but that doesn't take place until March 2013. If anyone has any idea what is happening to me please let me know. If you have received the same type of letter and reason for payments to stop, please tell me what happened. I am desperate for help... I've become so desperately sick over this that i am ready to commit myself again... How could they kick me off of SSI with only a 25 day warning? I am on life supporting medicine!!! I even have a co dependent that has to sign my check with their signature and i have to sign with my signature just to get it cashed. I was awarded SSI payments the first attempt. I never had to hire a lawyer for a second attempt. I am scared to death that this is going to cause me to enter into a severely elevated Bi Polar level and i wont be able to shake it off for months. Please help me. Thank you.

Default Re: Help- Notice of Planned Action- Payments Stopped

You are overreacting. They actually only have to give you a ten day warning. Go to your local office tomorrow. Take a number. Someone may do an entire SSI update interview for income, resources and living arrangements. There is plenty of time to reinstate your SSI for June. You do need to figure out if you want direct deposit or a debit card because in about a year, it will be required. If you have an open bank account, bring the routing number and the account number (not the debit card number). Might as well take care of that this month rather than 10 months from now. Maybe you could find a local bank that would let you have an account with no fee if you set up direct deposit.

This is easily fixable. It is possible that mail was returned from your last address and that put your SSI record into suspense.

Should also bring your current rental agreement and information about where you are living so that can be all updated.

Fixable. But you do have to talk to SSA and I think doing it in person would be the best for you. Maybe you can bring that friend along. Maybe you should talk to your doctor about the desperate sickness you feel and your medication can be adjusted. I can't stop you from worrying, but I know it can be easily fixed. Easy. Go to your local office.

Thumbs up Re: Help- Notice of Planned Action- Payments Stopped

Quote Quoting Janke
    View Post
    You are overreacting. They actually only have to give you a ten day warning. Go to your local office tomorrow. Take a number. Someone may do an entire SSI update interview for income, resources and living arrangements. There is plenty of time to reinstate your SSI for June. You do need to figure out if you want direct deposit or a debit card because in about a year, it will be required. If you have an open bank account, bring the routing number and the account number (not the debit card number). Might as well take care of that this month rather than 10 months from now. Maybe you could find a local bank that would let you have an account with no fee if you set up direct deposit.

This is easily fixable. It is possible that mail was returned from your last address and that put your SSI record into suspense.

Should also bring your current rental agreement and information about where you are living so that can be all updated.

Fixable. But you do have to talk to SSA and I think doing it in person would be the best for you. Maybe you can bring that friend along. Maybe you should talk to your doctor about the desperate sickness you feel and your medication can be adjusted. I can't stop you from worrying, but I know it can be easily fixed. Easy. Go to your local office.
    Dear Janke,

Your help was more than enough to calm me. Something needs to be done to simplify SSA letters. I am a very intelligent person but i am constantly bombarded by the symptoms from my mental illness's and that in turn makes me become very confused. I know that they include different ways of contacting them for help but as for Saturday and Sunday there is no live help. For someone like me with an extensive mental illness record it can be absolute hell until you get help. Just by reading the parts that said my SSI payments were stopping was enough to make me very sick and without sedatives it could have been a bad situation. I will never understand why they use language that should only be used in court. As for my Psychiatrist...I've seen more than 10 different Psychiatrist and/or Therapists within the last 5 years. I am on heavy medication but there really is nothing that can prevent bad episodes like i had this weekend. And all of you were lucky enough to experience it with me lol... I do apologize for being a bit off the handle and i appreciate your kind reception. Most people ignore me or run in fear, I am happy you were professional and helped me more than i expected. Hopefully someday i can return the favor. I was writing this while i was on hold with the SSA and i just hung up with them. GOOD NEWS!!! The SSA apparently mailed a letter to the "Payee" which is my mother. She cashes the check for me because for some reason they think i am not qualified to cash it and spend it by myself. Anyways... They mailed a letter to her that was suppose to be filled out and sent back before June 1st. It required the amount of money that was spent on my food/housing/clothing/personal items etc etc for the period of 1 year. Also, It required the amount of money that she saved for 1 year. I receive about $700 a month! I have no idea how they think it is possible to save money. They also wanted her to write a check for the amount she saved and mail it to them. Which i was N/A for that. So basically all i need to do is get my mother to fill out that paper and mail it into the SSA immediately. I went crazy over nothing... Thanks again, you've helped me more than 99% of my family with only a few words. Thank you! I will direct everyone i know who has SSI issues to this website. It is the best i can do to return the favor. Take care everyone!

Default Re: Notice of Planned Action from Social Security, Payments Stopped

Usually, from month to month, you will have a small balance. As of the yearly Payee report, the balance could be $2, however it needs to be reported. I suggest mom buy a sales book and record each cash remittance to you. I always had my recipient sign off that they received that amount in cash/spent that amount in cash for them, in case of an audit or dispute. Other bills paid out of the Payee account should be checks. Makes for easy accounting.
    Dear Santa. For Xmas this year I want a fat bank account and a slim body. Please don't mix them up again.
    Why do stores in the US have so many undocumented shoppers?

1. Sponsored Links