Unhappy Inaccurate, Misleading Police Report

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: Idaho

I was involved in an accident where I was turning around using a dual entrance parking lot and someone backed into me, causing over $2000 in damage to my car. I filed a claim under his insurance because I only have liability coverage and no comprehensive collision. When I picked up the police report I saw that the officer had written that I entered the parking lot through the exit, even though there are no signs indicating either exit or entrance on either side of the lot. I suspect the officer might know the other party or that he automatically assumed I was at fault because I am a lot younger than the other party and the guy worked at the building where the accident occurred (so he would know if that side was typically used for an exit). Is there anything I can do? Is it guaranteed that the insurance will deny the claim because of that misleading information? I have pictures of the lot and a clean driving record. Help!!

Default Re: Inaccurate/Misleading Police Report

The other company might deny the claim based upon that report, or they might not. We lack sufficient details to try and guess as to what might convince them of your fault or not. They are not required to adhere to the conclusions of the police report in any event.

If the other company fails to pay, you can always try to make a small claims action, but you had better have some definitive evidence that the other guy is at flt if you hope to succeed in a lawsuit.
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

"Make mine a double mocha ...
    And a croissant!"

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns

Default Re: Inaccurate, Misleading Police Report

What other evidence should I have besides that he backed into me in a parking lot? I just have pictures of the lot, clearly showing there's no designated entrance or exit? I wouldn't think they would rely on common knowledge to determine where is an exit or entrance to a building parking lot....

Default Re: Inaccurate, Misleading Police Report

Quote Quoting Dr.kayR
    View Post
    What other evidence should I have besides that he backed into me in a parking lot? I just have pictures of the lot, clearly showing there's no designated entrance or exit? I wouldn't think they would rely on common knowledge to determine where is an exit or entrance to a building parking lot....
    We don't know any details about the collision or the report, so there is no way to render an opinion. If there are two side-by-side driveways, typically the right hand one will be for entry and the other for exit. Or, if there are arrows on the ground. Other issues might be pertinent such as visibility, speed, angle of impact, etc.

If you drove into a left hand driveway of a side-by-side pair of driveways, and struck an exiting vehicle head on, you are not likely in a good place. But, there can be details that will change that opinion. Ultimately, the other company knows you will likely have an uphill fight against them, so they may have little reason to make ti easy on you.
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

"Make mine a double mocha ...
    And a croissant!"

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns

1. Sponsored Links