Hybrid View

Default Trial by Declaration Status

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Los Angeles Metropolitan Courthouse

Court: Metropolitan Courthouse
    1945 South Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90007
    (213) 742-1884
    Violation Date: 12/21/2011
    Initial Due Date: 02/06/2012
    Case Status: Extension
    Disposition: 02/09/2012
    Last Action: Extension
    Last Action/
    New Appearance Date: 04/23/2012 in TBD

AHHH, I don't know what to do! I've tried calling the courthouse several times and I cannot get through to a live person. The online status has stayed the same and my Extension date passed. What do I do??? HELP!!

PS. I received a moving violation for not stopping at a red light before turning right, although I did and the officer who ticketed me did not see it because he was in the middle of giving someone else a ticket.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Default Re: Trial by Declaration Status

Quote Quoting reendocks
    View Post
    What do I do???

Well, you haven't even told us what you've done so far, what are you waiting for? What are you expecting?

It matters not... Going to the courthouse will likely be your only choice for a definitive answer. Anything we might give you here is a guess!

Quote Quoting reendocks
    View Post
    PS. I received a moving violation for not stopping at a red light before turning right, although I did and the officer who ticketed me did not see it because he was in the middle of giving someone else a ticket.
    And that somehow prevented him from looking up and seeing whether you stopped behind the limit line or not?

Quote Quoting That Guy
    View Post
    Well, you haven't even told us what you've done so far, what are you waiting for? What are you expecting?

It matters not... Going to the courthouse will likely be your only choice for a definitive answer. Anything we might give you here is a guess!

<I filed my TBD and I was told I would hear from them. I took pictures of the spot, made a diagram and wrote my decaration. I was hoping to receive a letter or something telling me the decision. My extension was up to 04/23/12, so how long should I wait? I don't want a warrant out for my request or something because I didn't handle this matter.>

And that somehow prevented him from looking up and seeing whether you stopped behind the limit line or not?
    He was halfway down the block and in the middle of giving someone a ticket. I stopped before I turned right and then creeped up slowly to turn. I went to his POV and he wouldn't have seen me stop from where he was standing (there was a building in the way). If he was standing at the end of the block, where I turned, he would've seen that I stopped.

Quote Quoting reendocks
    View Post
    so how long should I wait?
    I never suggested you should wait... What I suggested you do is to go to court and inquire in person!

Quote Quoting reendocks
    View Post
    He was halfway down the block and in the middle of giving someone a ticket. I stopped before I turned right and then creeped up slowly to turn. I went to his POV and he wouldn't have seen me stop from where he was standing (there was a building in the way). If he was standing at the end of the block, where I turned, he would've seen that I stopped.
    I think what you're forgetting is that just because you cannot see him from your position in the driver seat, it does not mean he cannot see the front end of your car. But not only that, the speed at which you made your turn is usually a good indication of whether you stopped or not! I mean there is a difference between "creeping up slowly and then turning, and making a turn at 10 or 15mph without even a hint of a stop. But you already know all that!

Either way,

1. Sponsored Links