My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: california
Our teenager just got written up on hwy-80 in yolo county, violation 22349, speeding while changing lanes to exist. Radar said 88 in 65 zone. It is the first time he has been pulled over. He does not believe he was driving that fast, was alone, and afraid to challenge the officer. A few questions I hope someone can answer:
1) as his guardian can we request a written declaration for him?
2) if he doesn't win, or case not dismissed, will he be able to get a court date still?
3) is traffic court an option for a provisional driver?
4) is suspension of his license a possibility in this case?
5) does yolo county courts have a history of declining written declarations or traffic school for minors?
There is a discrepancy with the violation code (22349) = 1-15 miles speeding, but he also wrote 88 vs 65 (23 miles over) on the ticket. Which will the judge use for his penalties?
What should we do first? His court date is July 2. We have not received the summary letter yet. Thanks for your help.