Default Relationships With Minors After Sex Offense Conviction

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Ohio

Are registered tier 1 sex offenders legally allowed to have sex with someone under the age of 18?
    Person was convicted of sexual misconduct with a minor.

I have also been told that if said sex offender raped someone under the age of 18 and got them pregnant, that just by doing a dna test to prove paternity, they would be put in jail. Is that true?

Default Re: Relationships After Conviction

Quote Quoting LoBrew
    View Post
    Are registered tier 1 sex offenders legally allowed to have sex with someone under the age of 18? Person was convicted of sexual misconduct with a minor.
    You honestly have a REASON to ask this question? Do you PLAN to spend a huge portion of your life in prison?

I have also been told that if said sex offender raped someone under the age of 18 and got them pregnant, that just by doing a dna test to prove paternity, they would be put in jail. Is that true?
    It's about the best evidence of the crime that there is, yes.

Do yourself a favor and have sex with ADULTS.
    Catherine NeSmith
    Executive Director
    AARDVARC.org, Inc.
    http://www.aardvarc.org

Fave Big Bang Theory site: Sheldon Cooper Fans

Quote Quoting aardvarc
    View Post
    You honestly have a REASON to ask this question? Do you PLAN to spend a huge portion of your life in prison?

It's about the best evidence of the crime that there is, yes.

Do yourself a favor and have sex with ADULTS.
    I'm the minor in the situation

Have sex with the other person only as long as you are up to visiting them in prison for many years.

PS....why are you under 18's so anxious to have sex? It really doesn't make you an adult....in fact, it has risks like pregnancy, STD's, AIDS, and even increases your risk of Cervical Cancer......

Quote Quoting PandorasBox
    View Post
    Have sex with the other person only as long as you are up to visiting them in prison for many years.

PS....why are you under 18's so anxious to have sex? It really doesn't make you an adult....in fact, it has risks like pregnancy, STD's, AIDS, and even increases your risk of Cervical Cancer......
    Ugh, I don't WANT to have sex with him anymore. I want to put him in jail but I was under the impression by the detectives that unless I can get him to admit to raping me through a controlled phone call that they couldn't do anything. THEN my friend told me that just by the fact that he is a registered sex offender on probation and had sex with me at 16 that I could put him in jail and I could use the dna test as evidence.

Ugh, I don't WANT to have sex with him anymore.
    Then DON'T.

I want to put him in jail but I was under the impression by the detectives that unless I can get him to admit to raping me through a controlled phone call that they couldn't do anything.
    DID he rape you, or did you consent? Or do you think you have grounds to have him brought up on charges of statutory rape? Because...

THEN my friend told me that just by the fact that he is a registered sex offender on probation and had sex with me at 16 that I could put him in jail and I could use the dna test as evidence.
    No. The age of consent in the state of Ohio is 16. At 16, you can legally consent to sex with whomever you please (with the exception of persons in a position of authority over you, such as a teacher. That's a whole different kettle of fish.). So, if you WILLINGLY had sex with this guy - and it sounds like you did, based on not wanting to have sex with him "any more" - you have no grounds to seek criminal punishment.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

Quote Quoting LawResearcherMissy
    View Post
    Then DON'T.

DID he rape you, or did you consent? Or do you think you have grounds to have him brought up on charges of statutory rape? Because...

No. The age of consent in the state of Ohio is 16. At 16, you can legally consent to sex with whomever you please (with the exception of persons in a position of authority over you, such as a teacher. That's a whole different kettle of fish.). So, if you WILLINGLY had sex with this guy - and it sounds like you did, based on not wanting to have sex with him "any more" - you have no grounds to seek criminal punishment.
    Thank you for finally answering my question. No, he had sex with me while I was passed out drunk and I did NOT consent and had told him SOBER that I would not have sex with him or I would have put statutory rape instead of just rape.

Someone told me that sex offenders had different laws for having sex with minors so that's what I was asking.

Thank you for finally answering my question.
    It took you so long to get an answer because you didn't provide enough detail the first time.

After the assault, did you contact the police? Did you go to the ER and have a rape kit done and have your clothing taken for evidence?

Your age is not a factor in this. His status, however, could get him harsher penalties if he is convicted for your assault.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

Quote Quoting LoBrew
    View Post
    Ugh, I don't WANT to have sex with him anymore. I want to put him in jail but I was under the impression by the detectives that unless I can get him to admit to raping me through a controlled phone call that they couldn't do anything. THEN my friend told me that just by the fact that he is a registered sex offender on probation and had sex with me at 16 that I could put him in jail and I could use the dna test as evidence.
    All the dna proves is that you and him had sex,the court needs to prove that the sex was against your will. (this can hard sometimes with out proof,it becomes a he said/she said.

I wish I could provide more help. However, I do want to say, even without enough detail given by a person...we do not need to leap at their throats and automatically assume the worst. Perhaps they did not want to re-live the experience over again and just wanted some quick advice. It takes a lot to just muster up enough courage sometimes posting on a forum like this. I know it took a lot for me even if the situations are entirely different. Just be respectful to others, even if you think the question is dumb and ask more before being rude about it.

I really wish you luck with what ever is going on in your life and the people here do give wonderful advice.

1. Sponsored Links