Default Seeking Sources That Help Defendants in Accidents

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: Washington

I know forum code so I'll keep this simple.....

I am a defendant in an auto accident. My insurance company is representing me. I'm searching the web for resources (i.e. literature) that educate defendants in such situations. Since my familiarity with the proper terminology of law isn't that great, so if you know the answer to one of the two following questions, it would be extremely appreciated....

1. What terminology should I enter into search engines to find a book that'll help me prepare for the upcoming court date?

Or...

2. What books, if any, would you recommend? (everything I've found is aimed at helping the Plaintiff)

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Seeking Sources That Help Defendants in Accidents

The_Jester;614510]

1. What terminology should I enter into search engines to find a book that'll help me prepare for the upcoming court date?
    it's actually a phone number and the number would be different for each person. It is the phone number of your attorney.

2. What books, if any, would you recommend? (everything I've found is aimed at helping the Plaintiff)

Thanks in advance.
    again, the phone number to your attorney is what you are looking for. While familiarizing yourself with the process is never a bad idea, the specifics vary from case to case. Only you and your attorney know what is going on in your case and you are paying him/her good money to represent you so trust in them to do what you hired them for.
    I am not an attorney and any advice is not to be construed as legal advice. You might even want to ignore my advice. Actually, there are plenty of real attorneys that you might want to ignore as well.

While I have been coordinating with my attorney, he is not one I chose. The insurance company chose him.

Although I cannot disclose the specifics, this case is unique enough to where it's in my best interest to cover my bases, hence the need to educate myself.

the fact is; you have very little control over how your case is presented. If you have a serious problem with the attorney, speak with your insurance company but honestly, if you lose the insurance company loses so they will do what is in the best interest for you and them.

Beyond that, your request for a list of books without any specifics (and not asking you to divulge them) will result in generic books, at best.

Try to explain just what you are actually looking for without being any more specific than you care to be.
    I am not an attorney and any advice is not to be construed as legal advice. You might even want to ignore my advice. Actually, there are plenty of real attorneys that you might want to ignore as well.

If you want to do some heavy intellectual lifting, look for books like "Tort Law and Practice, 3d" for your state or "Washington Handbook on Civil Procedure, 2011 ed.", or similarly titled books.

1. Sponsored Links