Default Trees That Are Mostly on My Neighbors Property, but Come Across the Line on to Mine

My question involves real estate located in the State of: NJ

I just bought the house last month. At the back corner of the yard there are 4 Pine trees that are 60 to 80% on my neighbor's property and 20-40% on mine. Who's trees are they?

I'm having an arborist come to look at a bunch of trees I have, and I will have him look at these as well. They do not look like they've been maintained at all, they're an eyesore and they shade my roof in the AM and I want to put in solar panels. Needless to say I'd like them removed, I will pay for it, that's not the issue. I'm just curious as to the legality of me cutting them down, do I need the neighbor's permission, or can I just do it since they are on both sides of the line?

Default Re: Trees That Are Mostly on My Neighbors Property, but Come Across the Line on to Mi

Where are the trunks of the trees in relation to the property line?

And how has the property line been determined?

Default Re: Trees That Are Mostly on My Neighbors Property, but Come Across the Line on to Mi

2 of the trunks are nearly bisected by the line about 60% on thier side, 40% on mine, the other 2 are more on their side about 80/20. Each corner of the back yard is marked with a 5 foot tall 6 inch diameter wooden post and an iron pin, if you run a line between the pins it runs right through the trunks of the trees.

These are large,30-40 foot tall pines with 1-2 foot diameter trunks.

Quote Quoting brimc
    View Post
    2 of the trunks are nearly bisected by the line about 60% on thier side, 40% on mine, the other 2 are more on their side about 80/20. Each corner of the back yard is marked with a 5 foot tall 6 inch diameter wooden post and an iron pin, if you run a line between the pins it runs right through the trunks of the trees.

These are large,30-40 foot tall pines with 1-2 foot diameter trunks.
    You will need to work it out with your neighbor. You cannot arbitrarily remove the trees.

1. Sponsored Links