Default Will My Divorce Be Final if We Don't Show Up on Court Date

My question involves a marriage in the state of:TN

Me and my wife are working things out after we filed for divorce and have already signed and turned them in. It will be final in june. If we don't show up will judge still divorce us or does it get thrown out?

Default Re: Divorce: Will My Divorce Be Final if We Don't Show Up on Court Date

If you no longer wish to pursue a divorce, consider petitioning for your case to be dismissed. Nobody here can promise you based upon your two sentence post that the court will dismiss he case on the final hearing date.

I didn't know I need to say more then that. So what is it I need add to my 2 sentence post to clarify it better. We both agreed on the divorce, signed papers turned them in. In june it will be finalized by the judge, But my lawyer said that 1 of us would need to show up for it. That its just for the judge to sign the papers to make it final. Said it doesn't even go in the court room that he's at a desk signing off on documents for people. So I justed wanted to know if both of us is a no show to get it signed by him, will he not sign the papers. It was a uncontested agreed divorce.

There must be a sufficient record to support the divorce, hence the requirement that at least one of you appear to make the record. If you in fact want the divorce to be completed, one of you should appear. You can inquire with your lawyer about taking testimony early and perpetuating it until the court date, or adjourning the June court date if it's not convenient.

1. Sponsored Links