Hi, I am currently an A2 visa holder (embassy worker, on a D/S visa) and my girl friend who is currently a green card holder are planning to marry next week. She had her interview for US citizenship a couple of days ago but has not taken her oath taking yet. We were mistaken when we thought that she would have her oath taking the same day as her interview that is why we scheduled our marriage a week after her interview date. She was told that the oath taking will be approx a month after the interview date. We are not sure if we would continue the wedding on our planned date. My question is do you recommend me marrying her after the oath taking? Or push through with the wedding next week and just apply the petition when her naturalization certificate comes out? Does it make a difference marrying her right now as green card holder,when she plans to petition me when she becomes a citizen?
Thanks in advance!