Default Final Steps for an Expunction in Texas

My question involves criminal records for the state of: Texas

I have been going through the process of getting a Pro Se expunction filed in the state of Texas. I have a few questions was hoping someone could answer:

1. After filing the Pro Se form and a months time passing, I received a letter from the district attorney saying they were not opposed to the expunction and they wanted me to "pass" my hearing. The letter was enclosed with a Final Order of Expunction form for me to use. On the original Pro Se expunction form I had listed additional agencies (such as the FBI) for the agencies "I believe have records of my arrest". Do I have to add any more agencies to the final order of expunction form, or is it enough to leave the 6 "standard" agencies?

2. The district attorney gave me the option of circulating the order myself for signatures versus them circulating it. Which would you recommend? How long does it take for them to circulate the order for signatures?

3. Once I receive the order of expunction back from the agencies with their signatures I must file it in court. When I file the expunction does this mean the district attorney will circulate the order to all agencies or do I have to do it myself?

All your help is appreciated! Thanks.

Default Re: Final Steps for an Expunction in Texas

What other agencies do you believe might hold your record?

I expect that if the prosecutor "circulates" the order they will mail it to the agencies and wait for the replies, and won't be much concerned about how prompt the replies are. I suspect that they're suggesting that you may want to circulate the form yourself as you'll be less tolerant of delays and may even walk the form into the appropriate offices for signature.

Once the order is entered, you can check with the clerk to see if the court will mail copies of the order or if that's your responsibility. That type of practice varies significantly by state and order type, and sometimes varies between courts.

Default Re: Final Steps for an Expunction in Texas

Yes, I the order says that the court will circulate the order via certified mail once it is completed. Since I work every day of the week it is difficult for myself to circulate the order. Hopefully it won't take too long, but since it's not their problem I expect it will take a few months. Thanks for your response.

1. Sponsored Links