Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Police Miscondut Turns into a Question of Pd Corruption

Quote Quoting LawResearcherMissy
    View Post
    Aren't you precious?

Sugar, the police have jobs to do, and "be nice" is NOT in the job description. They don't know what they will encounter when they approach any given vehicle. And frankly, you were out of line. You know what the passenger's job is when the driver is pulled over? It's to shut up unless explicitly spoken to by the officer.

I read your entire post, and all I got out of it was "A-bloo-bloo-bloo, the mean old Popo wasn't nice to me!" I don't have a lot of patience for whiny-britches posters who open their mouths when they don't have any business doing so, and get fussed when they get smacked down for it. Next time your husband gets pulled over with you in the car? Shut up and let him talk to the officer. It will go a lot more smoothly for you.
    As observed by the fact that you felt the need to refer to me as "sugar" which is a known derogatory address you do not have any valuable input about this instance. So if you have no patience, and no valuable info- don't respond. I'm looking for competent information from people who are truly interested in helping an individual find the right course of action. Again, you are not welcome. Go Away.

Again, you are not welcome. Go Away.
    You don't get to decide who can post here, darling. See to your entitlement complex, yes?

This is a publicly accessible place. If you want control over input, pay an attorney and meet with him privately. The correct course of action is to file a complaint. You don't want to follow the procedure necessary to do so. Do it, or let it go. Those are your options.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

Quote Quoting LawResearcherMissy
    View Post
    You don't get to decide who can post here, darling. See to your entitlement complex, yes?

This is a publicly accessible place. If you want control over input, pay an attorney and meet with him privately. The correct course of action is to file a complaint. You don't want to follow the procedure necessary to do so. Do it, or let it go. Those are your options.
    No, I don't. But my opinion is: you are not welcome by me. I just figured if I said it often enough you would realize that you are unnecessary. You are not important to this thread as all you have done is attack me and post info that others have already submitted. You want to keep showing in that light, it's your choice. Just thought you might want to save a scrap of dignity and bow out.

Ok, like I said in my first response...I wasn't there. So, I can only go on info that you provide. However, based on your behavior here, I'm severely questioning your credibility. The posters here volunteer their opinions, based on their own knowledge, experience, and viewpoint. They are not here to give you the answer you want to hear or coddle your feelings...they simply give their opinions to you straight. Your openly dismissive, defensive, and hostile demeanor toward missy gives me strong suspicion regarding your demeanor toward the cop. Having a passenger interfere with a traffic stop, especially with the type of demeanor you have displayed here, will (rightfully) get a pretty stern response. What I'm picturing now is something along the lines of, "Why are you harassing us? We didn't do anything wrong. So, why don't you go do your job and bother some real criminals?" I won't accept that demeanor from a driver I've stopped without making it very clear who is in charge. If a passenger interferes with a cop's conversation with a driver, with that demeanor, arrest is not an idol threat but a real possibility.

In spite of your arrogant responses, Missy has given you some very good advice. As a passenger, you shouldn't be interrupting the interaction between the cop and the driver (regardless of your relationship to the driver). And, your post does come across as melodramatic whining. Nothing in your post justifies the accusations of misconduct or corruption. The cop may have made some remarks that were unnecessarily rude...or your conduct in interfering with the stop may have made his demeanor entirely appropriate.

You repeatedly claim "I FEAR THIS OFFICER." But, you decline to provide details, for "privacy purposes," that in any way justify your proclaimed fear. I have no idea how describing in detail both your behavior and the cop's could possibly violate your privacy...but, whatever. If you choose not to provide the details, we are left to provide opinions based solely on what you do provide. And, what you do provide makes it sound like you got overly demanding, interfered with the officer while he was conducting a traffic stop, and (justifiably) got verbally slapped down for it...and now want to whine about it.

You have been told what your options are: 1. file a complaint with the department, 2. file a complaint with the city/county government (mayor, city/county council, etc.), or 3. file a complaint with the state attorney general's office. I suppose, if you feel there is some civil rights violation, you could also file a complaint with the FBI or the US Department of Justice.

Knock yourself out and good luck with that.

The situation is actionable, especially in a small town. Make sure friends, neighbors and political candidates are aware of what happened and you and they can then vote and act accordingly.

Quote Quoting indybail
    View Post
    The situation is actionable, especially in a small town. Make sure friends, neighbors and political candidates are aware of what happened and you and they can then vote and act accordingly.
    Of course, nothing really happened other than the supervisor is not getting back to them about their complaint. At most, they have a personnel complaint based upon their opinion that the officer was rude. Nothing unlawful happened here, and only arguably improper.
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

"Make mine a double mocha ...
    And a croissant!"

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns

Just thought you might want to save a scrap of dignity and bow out.
    *snort*

I'm not the one having a crybaby fit because a cop didn't bow and scrape to me when I stuck my nose into a situation it didn't belong.

When the guy with the gun tells you to shut your mouth? You STFU. Be grateful he didn't cuff you and haul you in for interfering with a lawful stop. From your pissiness and immediately insulting 'tude to Flyingron and your whinybritches, snotty responses, maybe a night in jail will get you over your entitlement issues and teach you to show the Boys in Blue a bit of respect.

Of course, nothing really happened other than the supervisor is not getting back to them about their complaint.
    ...and if she'd leave her contact info, as instructed, she might actually get a response. Geez, Carl, you boys don't get paid enough.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

"Especially in a small town" (don't know how that factors in).....most police trainees are taught to keep their verbal interaction to a minimum which you may call "abrupt".....sounds like you and your husband are repeat customers at getting stopped (probably because of your schnazzy car).

As this thread has run its course, I want to share a story it reminds me of. While traveling back to the US, from the pyramids at Teotihuacan, we were stopped at a local police checkpoint, north of cuidad Victoria. Two teenage police trainees were searching our car. You must realize, some of these people have never been more than 3 or 4 miles from where they were born. I had bought an obsidian knife, and a few decorative pots, during that trek around Mexico. As I am unpacking the car for their inspection, they see the knife and one says to the other "He has a weapon". I am thinking this is a really good time to not know Spanish. I pretend I don't know the one trainee is an idiot. The look at the clay pots, as I remove them and the other says "He has artifacts also". Now, I know this is one of the situations I have been warned about, that speaking Spanish will likely cause me lots of problems. I wait for the situation to take its course and when he is finished with the inspection he is already doing, one of the officers comes over to inspect the "evidence" of my crimes. He smiles at the obsidian knife and explains it is not a weapon. He then points into the clay pots and references the fresh white clay center, proof they are not stolen artifacts. The two trainees felt like idiots, but the dumb gringo, who did not know enough Spanish to know they made idiots out of themselves, was free to leave and not a single officer had his feathers ruffled.
    Dear Santa. For Xmas this year I want a fat bank account and a slim body. Please don't mix them up again.
    Why do stores in the US have so many undocumented shoppers?

Quote Quoting Sweetpbaby
    View Post
    ...........the fact that you felt the need to refer to me as "sugar" which is a known derogatory address...........
    Holy crapanola! All the times I called my wife "sugar britches", "sugar dumpling", or any other "sugar ........" I've been insulting?

I feel soooooooo ashamed!!!
    "Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death.
    There is no appeal and execution is carried out automatically without pity."
    Robert A. Heinlein

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast