Default "Notice of Correction and Proof Service" Says "Commercial Box Should Be Checked No"

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: North California

So I was issued A ticket as "Notice to Appear" 1 month ago. Now I got a paper from Department of California Patrol. However, it's not a citation. It's a "Notice of Correction and Proof Service". It says "the citation issued to you contained an error as indicated by the items checked below". And they check the option "Others" and specified as" Commercial Box Should Be Checked 'No' ". I originally was cited as violated 22349(A) as over speeding. The max is 65 mph and I was driving at 87 mph.

So that's the whole story. Anyone know what is this "Commercial Box Should Be Checked 'No' " mean? It was first time I got a ticket and I just want to get over this as soon as possible. I would be very much appreciated if anyone know this \can let me know what is going on and what is likely the real citation will be.

Thanks.

Default Re: "Notice of Correction and Proof Service" Says "Commercial Box Should Be Checked N

Apparently the ticket indicated that you were driving a commercial vehicle, and they wanted to correct that error. Look at your ticket and see.

Default Re: "Notice of Correction and Proof Service" Says "Commercial Box Should Be Checked N

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    Apparently the ticket indicated that you were driving a commercial vehicle, and they wanted to correct that error. Look at your ticket and see.
    Hi Mr. First of all, in my original ticket, the police didn't check any one of them. Anyway, in this case, what kind of citation I will get? Do you think I have to appear in the court or it will be a fine only? If it is fine, how much money I am likely to be charged? Thanks.

Quote Quoting Erick
    View Post
    Hi Mr. First of all, in my original ticket, the police didn't check any one of them. Anyway, in this case, what kind of citation I will get? Do you think I have to appear in the court or it will be a fine only? If it is fine, how much money I am likely to be charged? Thanks.
    The reason the correction notice was sent out was that one of the boxes MUST be checked. Some speeding tickets, especially the one you recieved, have MUCH HIGHER fines if you are driving a commercial vehicle with say HAZ-MAT or if you have a commercial license. They are three different boxes. Thats why the boxes are there...to tell the court what the bail should be or if traffic school is an option. In terms of your case, you more than likely DO NOT have to appear in court. You do not appear to be a commercial driver so you should be eligible for traffic school (assumuing you have not used a traffic shool on another moving violation withing 18 months of recieving this one.) You can do a trial by written declaration if you choose to fight it without physically showing up to court. Search TBWD for more info. For your case I'm gonna ball park it and say about $385.

Quote Quoting sniper
    View Post
    The reason the correction notice was sent out was that one of the boxes MUST be checked. Some speeding tickets, especially the one you recieved, have MUCH HIGHER fines if you are driving a commercial vehicle with say HAZ-MAT or if you have a commercial license. They are three different boxes. Thats why the boxes are there...to tell the court what the bail should be or if traffic school is an option. In terms of your case, you more than likely DO NOT have to appear in court. You do not appear to be a commercial driver so you should be eligible for traffic school (assumuing you have not used a traffic shool on another moving violation withing 18 months of recieving this one.) You can do a trial by written declaration if you choose to fight it without physically showing up to court. Search TBWD for more info. For your case I'm gonna ball park it and say about $385.
    sniper, thank you so much. That really makes sense to me.

1. Sponsored Links