Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mandatory Prison for Dangerous Offenses

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Arizona

As the title states, or What are Dangerous offenses ?

Default Re: Mandatory Prison for Dangerous Offenses

http://www.azblumberglaw.com/Practic...ing-Scheme.asp

That should help educate you a bit and give you some research sources.

A dangerous crime against children? See ARS 13-705. If you mean something else, be more specific.

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/FormatD...13&DocType=ARS

Section D.1 refers to Dangerous offenses. I think it relates to child sex crimes and assaults with deadly weapons.

I would like to get a conviction set-aside (AZ Expungment) it was an Agg. Dui, the above document refers to some of the exeptions.

The big issue is what post conviction relief is available in your state for a DUI and if you are within the time limitations for the relavent relief you want. You really do need an attorney to handle this.

Here in Florida you will never get a DUI conviction to go away, unless it is by winning a direct appeal. No post conviction relief is going to do anything to a DUI. The law blocks judges from withholding adjudication and granting expungements too. These laws are common from state to state.

Expungements, in general terms, are also much more difficult to obtain for any crime even after a large number of years, then most people know and lawyers are willing to admit.

Lots of luck.

MOST non-violent first felonies in Arizona can and should be set-aside/expunged.All of your rights lost
    upon conviction are returned automatically once probation conditions are met.My main concern is the
    ability to work so post conviction relief, in Az the conviction stays on the record but it also states it
    has been dismissed/vacated. This way people are not occupationally disabled.You must answer yes to
    the felony questions on applications but cannot be barred from schools or state licensing etc.People
    from all walks of life are affected by DUI, cops,judges,presidents,vice presidents etc. Is there any other
    Felony crime that can say that? No, thats why DUI is ans should be unique.Its not about trying to make
    anything go away, as you say.

Quote Quoting crunchman
    View Post
    People from all walks of life are affected by DUI, cops,judges,presidents,vice presidents etc. Is there any other Felony crime that can say that? No, thats why DUI is ans should be unique.Its not about trying to make anything go away, as you say.
    I don't have a DUI. I don't have a lot of patience with people who do, either. I also don't have a lot of patience for excuses. Someone made a choice, and they were putting my life at risk. On average someone is killed every 30 minutes in this country by a drunk driver. I ride motorcycles and I've had two friends killed by it.

Since you already have all of the answers, and a DUI is no big deal, why are you posting here?

Sorry for the rant, but your attitude sucks. You don't sound repentant but are rather justifying it as normal. Maybe you should live with it.

I have already completed the "punishment" for my transgressions.8 months jail, 4 yrs no D.L., $20,000 fine, just for starters.

I see no problem with trying to move forward from this, I could also add career loss valued at $500,000 btw.

You do the crime, you do the time !! I have done that.

OK. You don't see what I'm seeing. Just for me, you seem to feel entitled now that you've paid your dues. You seem to feel entitled to have it expunged because of all the loss you took.

You paid your dues for the crime, but you still are a convicted felon and that's your record. That's part of your dues.

Go for it. See if a judge agrees. If she does, more power to you. I'm betting it doesn't happen.

I wish you no ill. It isn't personal. It's just that I'm jaded from watching one of my riding buddies die, and trying to help him as he died, and realizing it could have been me. I'm jaded from losing another friend when I wasn't there. I'm jaded from seeing two widows with children who are friends of mine.

As I said, go for it and I'm OK with whatever the court does. I respect the law.

No, I don't feel entitled. I do feel that I have earned the right to make the request.Anyone who allows their drinking to progress like I did will no doubt suffer significant losses.But I endeavored to change the behavior that lead to the DUI' and did. There are only two choices here, one of which I see as a productive, the other non-productive.It would make sense to me (and also for everyone involved) to choose the productive option.But, the more I listen to people the more I realize they (people) are not interested in any sort of "rehabilitation" with regards to crime, even with crimes like mine that directly affected no one in a conventional sense.I myself have been victimized by criminal activity ie. theft,mugging but I do not feel any contempt towards anyone.All I can say is I have changed what needed to be changed and would prefer to live an active life, I also would not want others regardless of circumstance to be excluded from participating in society.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast