Default Agency Took My Bank Account

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: Texas

Back in September/October of 2011 I took out an installment/pay day loan at an EZ Money store. Some crazy stuff happened and I wound up doing a payment plan with them in November -- the pymt was little but it was enough to stop them from running my check. Well, after the payment agreement and the first payment I made they ran my check again! I go into their office and ask them what the deal was and lo and behold they had no record of my account in their systems, it was sold more than likely they said. So, I contact their district manager to see what was going on and she never returned my phone calls. It wasn't until Easter weekend (April 7th) that I realized someone by the name of NCA National Credit Adjusters drafted a check and took $125 from my account.The check cleared so it was "paid." My principal balance with EZ Money was $250 and I owed at the end of it $347.81. I received no notification, no phone calls, nothing from this NCA company so I went straight to my police dept. and filed a report where they filed it under forgery, then to my bank and shut the account and filed a claim.

On April 13th I received a letter (http://tinypic.com/r/2rnkmk2/5) you can read it at the tinypic address saying I owe $343.56 this is the first time I received any notification from them. So, I called the store where I took out my loan once again and asked them what was going on. Again not in the system so she calls the manager to see and suddenly they pull up my account and say I had a $600 loan and I actually owed $549... uh, no! So I kindly inform her that she's wrong and she suddenly comes to the conclusion that she's looking at the wrong Katrina, there's two Katrina's in her system and to call their 800 number to resolve the issue where I spoke with someone and he says they sold the account to NCA in March and he could not give me the loan amount....

On the loan papers it says the funder is "Integrity Funding" and they're out of South Carolina, according to EZ money they are not the same as NCA. NCA is just a third party collection agency. Unfortunately I haven't been able to verify this online and I'm sure if I call NCA they'll preach the same story as they did in the letter stating that they're the owners of this account.

I've tried contacting NCA by phone but each time I'm transfered to a different department that is never available. So I don't even know what is going on or what I can do to fix this.

Someone please help me?

Default Re: Agency Took My Bank Account

If you haven't paid off your loan, you owe the balance. If you have a dispute over the balance, ask the holder of the note for an accounting.

So someone called my Aunt today and started rattling on about how they have court docket numbers for 3 counts of fraud and I was going to be put in jail that day. Then he proceeded to go on about releasing my name, address, social, place of work, etc.

Yes I owe the debt, no I didn't give them authorization to pull out money or to make a check up to take money. I received no paperwork no nothing about the collection.

If they have a judgment against you, presumably they got an order of garnishment. Do they have a judgment?

When you talked to your bank to dispute the withdrawal, what did they tell you?

Who is "someone", why would they call your aunt, and what does the call have to do with the debt under discussion?

That's the trouble. I can't find any judgements against me and I've received no notifications - my contact information has not changed for the last 1-2 years. The bank told me it would go under their investigation department and takes up to 45 days for a response.

Someone is who ever called from a Loan collection company, it was an 866 #. My Aunt was listed as a reference on the account where I took out a loan, we're assuming the call is in regards to the loan? I haven't listed her for anything else and I haven't written for anything.

So, I'm really confused here.

1. Sponsored Links