Default Section 32 Time Line

My question involves workers compensation law for the state of: new york, i have been on comp since 03, i get ssd, and comp. Recently i had a section 35 hearing, judge acepted agreement. we have 10 days to change our mine, but the day of hearing was the last day of payment from comp. ok two wks latter i get anouther check, 10 days long gone my lawyer said somtimes the insurance company will screw up if after the 16th day from hearing they need to sigh a paper to give ssd for their records. well way past deadline lawyer says there penalty will be 20% plus interest, and to keep my mouth shut, and just keep ecepting their pymnts he my lawyer told my wife and i will be lucky because the longer the insunce company dont get to their singoff on time that just means more tax free money for us. is this true??? it is an indimity only settlrment i am not closing the medical

Default Re: Section 35 Time Line

yes it's true-penalty and interest payments are not taxable.
    work comp benefits are not taxable.

Default Re: Section 35 Time Line

Quote Quoting sinclairville
    View Post
    My question involves workers compensation law for the state of: new york, i have been on comp since 03, i get ssd, and comp. Recently i had a section 32 hearing, judge acepted agreement. we have 10 days to change our mine, but the day of hearing was the last day of payment from comp. ok two wks latter i get anouther check, 10 days long gone my lawyer said somtimes the insurance company will screw up if after the 16th day from hearing they need to sigh a paper to give ssd for their records. well way past deadline lawyer says there penalty will be 20% plus interest, and to keep my mouth shut, and just keep ecepting their pymnts he my lawyer told my wife and i will be lucky because the longer the insunce company dont get to their singoff on time that just means more tax free money for us. is this true??? it is an indimity only settlrment i am not closing the medical
    ment section 32

Default Made Mistake Its Section 32 Not 35 Indimity Only Settltment

My question involves workers compensation law for the state of: nys

1. Sponsored Links