Default How Do I Get My Daughter Back from My Mother

My question involves guardianship in the State of: TEXAS

I had a beautiful baby girl in 2006. When she was 2 years old I gave temporary custody of my child to my mother so I could get my life in order. In 2011 I signed some papers agreeing to pay my mother child support and a paper that would keep my childs biological father from having any rights to take her. I also signed a paper from her lawyer stating that in order to get my child back I would go back to school, get a car, maintain a job, and get a place. I have done all of these..but she is refusing to let me take my child because of the race of my boyfriend and she says that i am unfit. I don't have the money to hire a lawyer and fight her and when i mention it to her she starts pulling up things about me that she finds on my face book and some other things. She has found ways to get into all my email accounts and into all my online accounts and has printed and documented everything that could possibly hurt me in getting my child back. I would like some advice on how I could get my daughter back because i miss her dearly. I admit that I havent been the perfect mom, but I have changed and grown up and gotten my life together and I am ready for her to join me. someone please help me!!!!

Default Re: How Do I Get My Daughter Back from My Mother

What kind of paper did you sign saying your child's biological father could have no rights to her?

This is important.

You need to know EXACTLY what you signed, and when. Was the court involved? Were child services involved?
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

it was a paper from my mothers lawyer just stating that he and i would pay the same amount of child support every month and that his visitation had to be at my mothers house and that if something was to happen to me or my mother he would not get custody of her. the courts were never involved. My mother went behind my back and had all these papers drawn up between her lawyer and the child supprt office. We never went to court and cps was never involved.

So NONE of this was ever signed by a judge?

If that's the case, there is nothing legally preventing you from getting your child.

Child support office CANNOT determine custody, by the way.

Do not microwave grapes

No. None of it was ever signed by a judge at all. I dont have copies of any papers and I am afraid to ask because I'm afraid that my mother will take her and run. I don't want to just show up at my mother's house and take her. I want to be able to tall my mother that legally she has to give her back. I feel like an idiot for being so afraid of my mother for so long. do I need to get copies of the papers? and how would i go about getting copies of them?

i just called the attorney generals office here in Dallas and there is no open case saying that the state has mandated child support to my mother from either one of us. they also refferred me to the legal department. Thank you so very much!!!

You need to hightail it to an attorney asap.

While it's true that your mother currently has no legal custody, the AG has determined that she at least is entitled to child support and that might complicate the issue.

Plus, she has a good case for custody herself.

Please, do what it takes to get an attorney.

Do not microwave grapes

I called the attorney general and they said that my mother nevr filed for childsupport against me. And come to find out the papers weren't legal. I have called an attorney and am waiting for my consultation next week.

1. Sponsored Links