Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default How to Take Away a Father's Rights

    My question involves a child custody case from the State of: PA
    My childs father is using durgs and I dont want him to be apart of my child's life. How do I go about getting his rights taken away?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Behind a Desk

    Default Re: How to Take Away a Father's Rights

    File a motion in court and prove to the satisfaction of the court that dad is using drugs and as a result it is not safe for him to have any exposure to the child whatsoever, including supervised visitation and... since you seem to want this to last forever, that there's no chance that the circumstances will ever change.

    The rest depends on the facts - and what you can prove.

  3. #3

    Default Re: How to Take Away a Father's Rights

    Good luck with that nikki22. From PA too and mine takes my kid on drug deals

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Somewhere near Canada

    Default Re: How to Take Away a Father's Rights

    As a practical matter, this is nigh on impossible to do.

    If one wishes to attempt it without there being a stepparent adoption involved, one needs an attorney.

    And I mean NEEDS.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

    Do not microwave grapes

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Custody and Visitation Issues: Rights of Non-Biological Father Who is Listed As the Father on the Birth Certificate
    By lovedau26 in forum Child Custody and Visitation
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-24-2012, 11:36 PM
  2. Establishing Paternity: Biological Father Wants to Establish Paternity - What Rights Does a Legal Father Have
    By jaydub in forum Paternity Law
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-24-2012, 07:24 AM
  3. Grandparents and Third Parties: Biological Father Giving Up Parental Rights and Step Father Adopting My Daughter
    By kuziifish in forum Child Custody and Visitation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 08:29 PM
  4. Replies: 50
    Last Post: 04-28-2008, 09:08 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-04-2007, 07:38 AM
Forum Sponsor
Custody Lawyer
Get help for your custody case. Consult a divorce lawyer for free.

Untitled Document