Post Working Without Authorization, Affidavit of Support from Abroad, Leaving the U.S

Hello,

I came to the US on J1 work'n'travel visa and then extended it to tourist visa. Then I got married to US citizen, when my visa was expired a bit less than six months. I worked using my SSN issued for J1 visa and me and my husband filed a tax return together for the last year but there was not enough money to sponsor me a green card. I asked every close friend to sponsor me, but without any luck.

So, now I have three questions:
    1. Is it okay for my green card paperwork that I worked being out of status and without work authorization?

2. Can I still file my documentation and hope it'll be approved if my husband can't sponsor me fully? I can print out my bank statements, where my parents put money every month on my account and get letter from them that they'll continue supporting me. Can it help?

3. Few days ago I found out that my close relative is in a very bad shape and I'd like to see her before it's too late. Can I file all these papers from my homeland? Can I re-enter the US? What If I will take my husband with me?

Thank you for your time!

Default Re: Working Without Authorization, Affidavit of Support from Abroad, Leaving the U.S

As you have already broken the law, you need to consul an immigration attorney to determine your options.
    Dear Santa. For Xmas this year I want a fat bank account and a slim body. Please don't mix them up again.
    Why do stores in the US have so many undocumented shoppers?

Default Re: Working Without Authorization, Affidavit of Support from Abroad, Leaving the U.S

This was a J1 with or without a two year home residency requirement?

If you leave the country having overstayed by more than a year without first having successfully adjusted your status, you should expect that you will spend the next decade outside of the U.S. - it may happen, but you can't count on getting a waiver.

Unless your parents are citizens, their promise to sponsor you doesn't count.

Without two year requirement.

1. Sponsored Links