Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Establishing a Parent's Residency for a Child Born Outside of the U.S.

Rules for residency for your citizenship are different from those allowing you to pass it to a child born abroad. I certainly can see why there is a question of you being able to do so since you abandoned your residency so soon after gaining citizenship. Since you apparently have no interest in abiding by US laws (as demonstrated by your failure to file and pay any taxes due), why are you so interested in getting citizenship for your child? You realize that citizenship has responsibilities and not only benefits.

Default Re: Establishing a Parent's Residency for a Child Born Outside of the U.S.

Without wishing to offend you my dear American fellow, I am a little surprised by your disposable thoughts...---------------
    Here is a few explanations, I am back in France because my father had cancer and my mother is an old lady, I am their only child---------.
    Since you are ennoyed for my Tax returns, I would like you to know: There is a non-double Tax treaty between the U.S and France since 1964-------------Whether you like it or not please know that I LOVE THE U.S.A-------My baby will be a PROUD UNITED STATE CITIZEN and she will pay her taxes where she will choose to live-----and I hope very much that will be in the USA......------------------------THANK YOU SIR FOR YOUR SINCERITY.

Default Disposable Thoughts

DISPOSABLE THOUGHT !!!
    Establishing a Parent's Residency for a Child Born Outside of the U.S.----------------------
    Rules for residency for your citizenship are different from those allowing you to pass it to a child born abroad. I certainly can see why there is a question of you being able to do so since you abandoned your residency so soon after gaining citizenship. Since you apparently have no interest in abiding by US laws (as demonstrated by your failure to file and pay any taxes due), why are you so interested in getting citizenship for your child? You realize that citizenship has responsibilities and not only benefits.

ANSWER:-----------------------------------------------------------------------Without wishing to offend you my dear American fellow, I am a little surprised by your disposable thoughts...---------------
    Here is a few explanations, I am back in France because my father had cancer and my mother is an old lady, I am their only child---------.
    Since you are ennoyed for my Tax returns, I would like you to know: There is a non-double Tax treaty between the U.S and France since 1964-------------Whether you like it or not please know that I LOVE THE U.S.A-------My baby will be a PROUD UNITED STATE CITIZEN and she will pay her taxes where she will choose to live-----and I hope very much that will be in the USA......------------------------THANK YOU SIR FOR YOUR SINCERITY.

Default Re: Disposable Thoughts

I certainly understand the importance of family. If this were really the case, you would not have abandoned them to move to the US. I personally have made many decisions not based on what was best for me personally but what was best for the family. Your excuse does not look legitimate to people who have been in similar - or more difficult - positions.

Tax treaty or not, you have obligations even if you do not owe taxes. My expat child is dealing with the same issues right now. I understand it is inconvenient but that is no excuse. Do you understand how your failure to live and work in the US is affecting your long term future in the US? You really need to review your situation and plans with professionals - legal, financial and employment. Opportunities and expectations are changing very quickly; if you intend to return to the US, you need to be prepared for the new realities.

Rather than becoming defensive, you should take my comments and look objectively at how your behavior looks to the officer reviewing your petitions. Your evidence is not totally consistent with your stated position. Get legal help to pursue this.

Remember too that if you have a son whom you register as a US citizen, he will be subject to the draft and military service if required.

Default Re: Disposable Thoughts

Mister T53147,
    Please, don't be so preachy about what's to do or not, I know it annoys that I became a U.S. citizen so quickly, I made sure my first baby to be born in Africa and the coming one (july) will be born in Sri Lanka. (I do not like easy things)_____
    It is my altruistic vision of life... If this may ennoys you a little more, be aware that my daughters will have 3 or 4 Citizenship and they will speak 4 or 5 languages...
    As for the similarity of the story of your son with mine I find "curious"...I suggest you to stop to annoy the users of this forum and let us continu it on our private messages.

COSMOPOLITAN

Default Re: Disposable Thoughts from a senior member from cosmopolitan

Cosmopolitan = free from local, provincial, national ideas, prejudices, or attachement; at home all over the world.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Despite my 3 different passports being a human is my only true citizenship.

You want to talk about arbitrary?

I was born outside the US to an American mother and a father who is a citizen of my birth country. My sister, brothers and I were respectively 11, 7, 6 and 5 when we relocated to the US. As we were all minors, we entered the country under my mother's citizenship - we are recognized dual citizens by our birth country. The US, who reluctantly acknowledges that other countries recognize the concept of dual citizenship, recognized us as ex-pats returning home.

Fast forward till I (the oldest) reached majority. I contacted the Consulate of our birth country to ask how to manage things like passports, registering to vote, etc. The Consul told me that if someone in authority asked if I were an American citizen, to say Yes, but not to volunteer anything else unless asked specifically; they would continue to recognize me as a citizen until or unless I signed something saying I wasn't. I passed this information on to my siblings.

Okay, on to arbitrary. Each of the four of us applied for a US passport at various times. My sister sent in her application and received her passport a few weeks later, no questions asked. I had to get an affidavit from my mother declaring that she was a US citizen and confirming various dates that she was in residence in the US. One of my brothers had to provide our mother's school records, which luckily the city still had from the 40's. And my other brother had to get help from his Congressman. Each of us had been acknowledged as US citizens prior and had lived in the US for over a decade, since childhood, before our applications were submitted.

Arbitrary happens. It's a fact of life. Get over it.

I think your last sentence is perhaps the perfect advice for this thread.

An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Default A real experience : U.S. citizenship for kids born abroad.

OK, that's a real experience of life but not some negative replies from someone who is supposed to give advices on this forum (T53147).-------------
    Anyway "OUR" U.S. consulate is only delaying something that I will not give up on it.-------It is also an easy way for them to collect more unjustified fees.

By all means, continue pursuing it, if you have nothing better to do with your time.
    With enough thrust, pigs fly just fine.
    You may believe that you understood what you think I said. I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast