Default Charged with Shoplifting

I got caught trying to sell back a stolen book from the same University bookstore in seattle. I already have one misdemeanor assault to the fourth degree. Will this charge have any influence on my previous record? Also, I stole about $300-400 worth of books. I ran away when the security tried to catch me. They took my student ID before I ran away and when I later called them they said they will be doing paperwork and will be filing charges. Is what Im facing very serious?

Default Re: Charged with Shoplifting Urgent

It's serious,the offense works against you but it's helps that it's not a shoplifting offense. Hire a lawyer and to arrange a deal,maybe it can plead to something that sounds better then theft. Even it's just a misdemeanor with probation,it's looks bad having theft and fighting charges on your rap sheet when a company does a background check. This can really screw you up when looking for a decent job or trying to rent an apartment.

Hopefully this is a misdemeanor or can reduced to one. A lot depends on the charge and how strict the local da and judge is. The amount is a felony in some states,idk about where you are. This isn't some hugh charge but it still needs to be taken seriously.

WHAT IS THE NAME OF YOUR STATE? We ask that for a reason.
    The universal answer is when charged (or if contacted by the police for any reason), do nothing until you talk to a lawyer.

this is in the state of washington. Should I be expecting police to come and get me at my house or should I be expecting a mail with court?

can someone help me please? I asked this on a different forum and some are saying that the campus police will be notified and they will arrest me during my class hours. Is this true?

I would call a lawyer,they help arrange turning self in and hopefully get you booked then in and out quickly.

im getting replies but no answer is specific enough. I really need to know the specific cases surrounding my circumstance like whether there is a warrant for my arrest right now and if jail time is more than likely to happen.

How would anybody on this forum know whether or not there is a warrant out for your arrest? Call and find out. Until you are charged and can provide a statute - nobody knows if jail is possible.

1. Sponsored Links