Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Is It Legal for a 16 Year Old Boy to Date a 12-Year-Old Child in Georgia

No one here is in a position to say what you SHOULD do. We are not privy to the details or the parties involved. All anyone here can propose in this situation is what CAN be done, not what SHOULD be done.

You are right to be concerned, but until your husband is in a position to legally safeguard his child, she is free to do what her guardians allow her to do.

And, as a note, older kids - particularly teenagers - are almost always going to be mad at their parents or anyone trying to impose rules on them. So, yes, if your hubbie gets custody somehow and reins her in, she will almost certainly espouse anger towards him and towards you. It's the nature of things. I have three teenagers at home and a pre-teen, and if I wanted to be liked I'd let them all do whatever they wanted to do ... but it wouldn't be the right thing to do.
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

"Make mine a double mocha ...
    And a croissant!"

End of Watch: Deputy Danny Oliver

End of Watch: Detective Michael Davis, Jr.

Default Re: Is It Legal for a 16 Year Old Boy to Date a 12-Year-Old Child in Georgia

Does anyone know Georgia State Laws??? On neglect, abuse, just letting a child do and talk as she pleases... not giving her the knowledge of what happens when you do bad things treat people bad and not alot of respect to anyone... just another kid with extreme potential without a chance cause the way she was raised???? Is that all there is to it???? GEORGIA LAWS PLEASE HELP IF THEY ARE EVEN OUT THERE???? If not why do so many people complain about all of these bad things kids are doing now..... Make laws to save these kids! Please? Maybe there are some just please if anyone knows the facts tell me cause I can't find them.

What you describe does not constitute neglect or abuse. There are no laws forcing a parent to make a kid behave. We cannot show you laws that do not exist.

No one is saying that what is happening is appropriate. We are saying that is it not illegal. Since it is not illegal, that means that there are no laws addressing it.

Thank you for that bit of info!!! Your exactly right!!!! Thank you... I have a 6 year old also her sister so believe me I have my hands full with her but the rein is tight for a reason and I tend to keep it that way just for that very reason... I hated my parents at points... I know... I hated the things they said... im the momma and your the lil girl, because im not their parents, I don't care what their parents let them do im your parent.... lol!! I use them daily... thanks it lightened the weight just to hear you say just what you said if u wanted them 2 like u you would let them do as they please... but we want them to love us and appreciate us so therefore we do what we do... thank you again... she will figure it out something day I hope if not atleast when we get everything done we can say we have and will continue to do our very best.... thanks again... sorry really don't mean to sound rude??? Just frantic.... if u took me rudely

I understand your point... thanks for the info... what I wanted to know.... where there laws? Im not rude just frantic and scared everything is moving so quickly action has to be taken asap.. thanks

I wish I cadent put 12 yr old dating 16 year old boy now.... it wasent necessarily the correct question... should have been more about custody grandmother and opinion of neglect.... im sorry... really Idk what my question is... there were a Lot of them... Idk... since I can't be told what I should do is their anyway of finding out how to start process on such an incident?

The process is to have dad go to court and come up with rules for custody and visitation. Nothing you describe is unlawful and there is no way a court or child services can step in and regulate behavior that you do not like but that is not objectively harmful or unlawful.

DAD needs to get to work to get custody if you want to have any chance at directly impacting her behavior.
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

"Make mine a double mocha ...
    And a croissant!"

End of Watch: Deputy Danny Oliver

End of Watch: Detective Michael Davis, Jr.

Yes ma'am or sir, you have already gotten that across to me... you are quite a blunt person.... but thank goodness for blunt people in the right situations!!!! Anyways yes I know what you are saying dad needs to start process in getting her if we care so much and that's that! Your right could have used your advice a long time ago... ugh ! I but everything happens for a reason and you are my reason to tell dad to get on it or he doesn't care enough... thanks

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2