Default Speeding in School Zone, Court Tomorrow

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Washington

Got first speeding ticket ever in WA state for doing 30 mph in a 20 mph school zone. There are only 2 signs with flashing lights, both are about a half a block away from the school on the road directly in front of the school. No other signs on any of the side roads surrounding the school. The problem is that I came off of another main road with no school zone markings and turned onto the street in front of the school. So, I never passed any school zones signs. I did ask for discovery from both the prosecutor and filed it at court but I never got anything. Tomorrow is court. Can I ask for this to be dismissed based on no discovery? If not, what are my options? The RCW 46.61.440 says "fully posted" and that doesn't seem like a fully posted school zone. Thanks!

Default Re: Speeding in School Zone, Court Tomorrow

If you have proof that you requested discovery at least 14 days before the hearing and there was no response, then you can move to dismiss under IRLJ 3.1 (b).
    "A jury consists of twelve persons chosen to decide who has the better lawyer." ~Robert Frost

I got it dismissed! Thank you so much for your help! What a great website!

Well, that was easy! When did you file discovery and what court was this?
    "A jury consists of twelve persons chosen to decide who has the better lawyer." ~Robert Frost

1. Sponsored Links