Default Asylum Case Pending, Want to Marry My Girlfriend Who is U.S. Citizen

Hello

Iam came here( united state) 2008 in f1 visa. Due to some problem back in my home, i couldnot continue
    My study.resulted m out of status. I filed asylum in 2011, finished my master and individual hearing but my case still pending and another interview date will be in september 2012. During this my gf want to marry with me. If i married my gf who is US citizen, if there problem in my marriage or in my asylum case.

Please any answer will be appreciated

Default Re: Asylum Case Pending, Want to Marry My Girlfriend Who is U.S. Citizen

You can't be here legally on a student visa and seeking asylum. It is contrary to the terms of the visa. You have already broken the law. You are going to further complicate it, if you marry. You need to stop trying to manipulate the system and hire an immigration attorney.
    Dear Santa. For Xmas this year I want a fat bank account and a slim body. Please don't mix them up again.
    Why do stores in the US have so many undocumented shoppers?

Default Re: Asylum Case Pending, Want to Marry My Girlfriend Who is U.S. Citizen

If your petition for asylum is denied you can expect that they will request an order of deportation at the final hearing.

As you entered the U.S. legally, you can file for adjustment of status based on marriage to a citizen; normally the asylum case would be put on hold during that process.

The issues I see here are that if the asylum case is weak or is declared frivolous, the USCIS will take a long and hard look at the marriage, as the pattern would appear to be you hopping from one pretense to another to avoid leaving the U.S. as promised when you entered the country.

You should work with an immigration lawyer.

1. Sponsored Links