Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default How to Force a Settlement Through

    My question involves a marriage in the state of: PA

    I am currently in the middle of a divorce. He filed the paperwork on April 9, 2010 but we seperated March 1, 2010. We have seperated everything that we wanted and have no issues on the division of assets (to my knowledge). We also came to agreement on him claiming one of our children every other year on the tax return.

    To date, we still have not signed anything. Can I force his hand in this and if so, what do I need to do? As far as I know, he is holding out because he is on my health insurance. He has already moved on and had a child with another woman so obviously his reasons weren't that he wanted to come back.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Behind a Desk

    Default Re: How to Force a Settlement Through

    If the other party won't schedule, you (and your lawyer?) can see when the court can get the case onto its trial docket.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Auto Insurance: Accidentally Cashed Settlement Check After Rejecting Settlement
    By flash9777 in forum Insurance Law
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-09-2012, 05:53 AM
  2. Legal Malpractice: Attorney Broke Settlement Confidentiality Agreement, I Lost Settlement
    By Rosco in forum Malpractice Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-04-2011, 03:59 AM
  3. Force Balancing
    By latinoclt21 in forum Resignation and Termination
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-11-2011, 08:23 AM
  4. Why is Settlement Done As a Structured Settlement
    By Jane0218 in forum Worker's Compensation
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-23-2010, 09:12 AM
  5. Roommates: Roommate Trying to Force Me Out
    By shini_tenshi in forum Living in the Rental Unit
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-06-2009, 05:07 AM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Sponsor
Divorce Lawyer
Facing divorce? Get a free consultation with a local divorce attorney.

Untitled Document