Default Boyfriend Didn't Pay on a Car Loan I Obtained For Him

About two months ago I signed for another car loan. I have my own car and I am paying for my own, however. Back in Dec. this guy I was dating we decided to started a horse shipping business. We agree it was a good idea to start the business. At first I told him lets use the current truck I have now because at that time he wanted to get a 'new' truck because my own truck wouldn't do the job. After basically going back and forth we decided to look at trucks. I was looking to buy a truck from a private owner trucks that were a little bit cheaper (near $7500). My boyfriend was looking at trucks from car dealers. After looking we found a truck, however, I told him I don't want my own name on the loan, he told me his mom will be the co-signer. Also my boyfriend stated that he already had clients for the horse shipping. The day when we gotten the truck.....it was a lie.

The night when myself,my dad, his mother, and his sister we all went to the car dealer to sign the paperwork for this truck. My name is on the primary loan and his mom is the co-signer. Once I found out when the first payment was due I told him. However, since day one I told him I am NOT paying for his truck because he will be driving it most likely not me. Now the first payment is almost due....and guess what he hasn't made the first payment! Once I found out I called him up and I told him I want my name off of the loan and then I told his mother as well the samething. I want my name off of the loan, I don't want nothing to deal with the truck anymore.

A few days ago he 'claimed' that him and his mom went over to the bank and filled out paperwork to get a loan. I hope its the truth!

If it all fails, is there anything that I can do to sue him? I don't need a second truck nor I don't want that truck,I have my own. I feel that I have been sucked into something and all of it was a lie that he has said.

What can I do I need help!

Default Re: Boyfriend Didn't Pay on a Car Loan I Obtained For Him

You can make the payments he does not or you can suffer the credit hit, until they get aggressive. If the loan gets a few months behind, offer to buy it out at value, if they repo the truck. If the title is in your name, you can always sell the truck.
    Teach a man to fish, you feed a village. Give a man a fish, the ever growing village demands free fish. We will now spend trillions on social services and SSI for people who don't know how to fish.

Should we infer that the truck is titled in his name? If so, and you make payments on his behalf, you can sue him and attempt to prove the terms of your agreement in court and seek to recover the payments you make toward the truck. It would be far better if they refinance such that you're off the loan entirely, so let's hope that happens.

His mother is the co-signer so his momther's name is on the title. I don't even have the truck with me and it basically isn't even mine. All what is in my name is the loan. However, he agree to make payments which he is not doing. So I can take him to court for this?

So as I read it, you and BF's mom both signed for the loan on the truck the BF will use for the business. The bank/finance company owns the title until the loan is paid off. 1st payment is nearly due and he has not made the payment yet. As long as payments are made on time there's not much you can do. Who put money down on the loan? Why would you jeopardize your credit this way?

Again, you need to handle this mess with the loan company. Make arrangements for them to repossess the truck and you buy it at auction for the payoff amount. Once you buy it, you can sell it and pay off your loan.
    Teach a man to fish, you feed a village. Give a man a fish, the ever growing village demands free fish. We will now spend trillions on social services and SSI for people who don't know how to fish.

The 1st payment was late. The business fell through so he still has the truck. He has never been on time with the payment this month is the 2nd month of the payment and it still hasn't been paid. Payments are NOT on time. We didn't put no money down on the truck. I thought he was a decent guy and I never thought he would screw somebody over like this. Yet I found out he doesn't have a license! I found out the last mintue when he drove my truck and when I signed for the loan. However, I did talk to the bank about it and they have told me to take legal action.

1. Sponsored Links