Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to Sue an Auto Insurance Company for a Premium Refund

My question involves insurance law for the state of: Louisiana
    I'm trying to find out how one goes about suing an insurance company. I'm with Allstate and this company has sucked ### ever since I bought it. First, when I bought the policy they made me buy it for 6 months and put me on uninsured motorists without asking me if I wanted it. So I finally decided to drop uninsured motorists in late February because I figured everybody has to have insurance anyways. They said for some reason that I had to have it on one car while I could drop it on the other car. The other insurance companies Ive talked to never heard of that so I assume they pulled that out of their behind to get more money. Anyways, I ended up dropping it on the one car and they said $8.70 would be taken off my next bill. But I canceled the insurance policy with Allstate and am now with another company. So I assumed they would refund me the $8.70. I just spoke to Allstate and after being transferred all across the globe lol the guy said something about something as insignificant as $8.70 wouldn't be sent back to me. It would only go towards a future bill.
    I know $8.70 isn't but a box of Ritz crackers and some peanut butter. But that's better than nothing. And it's the whole concept of how an insurance company can nickel and dime you. Not to mention my niece borrowed the car without uninsured motorists (yeah after I dropped it go figure) and while the car was parked it was hit by her friends dad. And now their insurance company is saying he didn't pay on time although the records say he did. Their insurance company is saying the pay date moved forward from the 12th to the 8th because he added his son to the policy. Anyways, as you can see I'm just tired of these worthless insurance companies as a whole and want to find out how to go about getting my measley $8.70 back. I would take this to the supreme court if I had to lol.
    Oh yeah, please don't forget to tell me how one goes about suing the company. Thanks.

Default Re: How Does One Go About Taking an Insurance Company to Small Claims Court

How much are you willing to pay to get your $8.70 back? The filing fee alone will be more than five times that. At minimum.

Default Re: How Does One Go About Taking an Insurance Company to Small Claims Court

Couldn't I include the cost to file in the lawsuit?

Also, regarding the guy who hit my car. Can I sue his insurance company? Or do I just have the option of suing the person. To be honest, I would much rather sue the insurance company.

If his coverage wasn't in force at the time of the accident they have no liability. No, you can't sue them for something they are not liable to pay.

How does one verify if their coverage was in force or not? Im not in the habit of taking an insurance companies word on it. And one other thing, do all the senior members on this site work for insurance companies lol? Im sure they have their wonderful cast trying to deceive people from their rights.

Personally, I work for a university. But if you're not happy with the answers, I'm giving you, please feel free to pay an attorney to give you answers you like better.

It's not that I don't trust you. It's that I have to verify you're trust . So, once again, can anybody tell me how does one verify if the insurance policy was in force or not at the time of the accident?

http://www.la-law.org/Downloads/Smal...20revision.pdf

BTW, it took ten seconds on Google to find this. Please note the sections that tell you how much you can sue for, and how much it will cost to sue.

Did these TV programs that you are convinced are real take place in your state, under your state laws?

I didn't think so.

Call the insurance company or the agent and ask what dates the policy was in force.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast